Chapter 10

Two weeks went by. Three rose ceremonies, two group dates, and a lot of drama ensued. I hadn't received a one on one date with Flynn, and I had not had any stolen moments with him via Stephen. I was a little bit perplexed but just kept trying to focus. I learned more and I did find myself liking him more. There were ten of us now and I knew things were getting more serious. We had a rose ceremony and Michaela and Britney went home. We were drinking and the host, Chris Harrison, walked in. My heart dropped because every time he arrived, something bad was about to go down.

I glanced across the room to see other ladies I knew were close to Flynn, such as Dani and Tina, looked nervous. Nicolette sipped her water without worry. She had become more and more toxic in the house, but had an expert-like skill for turning on the waterworks when Flynn walked in the room. Drama queen was an understatement. Chris began to speak and I perked up.

"Ladies, I am going to need you to pack your bags," he said. "Because we are going to Seattle."

Some of the girls squealed and I turned to see Tracy looking unimpressed. We live about an hour from Seattle so we had been there before.

"I was hoping we could go international," she sighed.

"They usually do that after hometown dates," I shrugged. "But hey- Flynn is from Seattle. Maybe we will meet his family."

"Only you could find that exciting..." she laughed.

Tracy had been off lately. Really quiet and distant with the other girls but staying up into the night talking my ear off. She seemed to get along well enough with Flynn and they even had made me jealous once or twice. Watching your ex make out with your new boyfriend, who was dating 9 other girls, was a lot of process. Needless to say, I had been meditating.

We went to pack our bags and soon enough, we were heading out on a private jet. We were in one section, and up in the front, Flynn was there. The producers made it clear that we were not to interact with him, since the cameras were off. Apparently, human interaction outside what could be filmed was not worthwhile. I assume he was probably sleeping, since he was bound to be exhausted. I knew I was. Still, I saw several of the girls trying to sneak towards the front, which was sort of comical. The flight was longer, but eventually we arrived at our hotels and were assigned rooms. I was with Tracy, which I did not mind. We had been friendly the whole time and I sort of thought it was positive. We could be friendly exes, and someday, maybe we would have a huge laugh about all of this. I felt deeply refreshed after my nap on the plane. Everything was good and then I got a knock at the door. It was Thomas, one of the producers.

"Everyone needs to go down to the lobby," he said. "Time to start filming."

"No rest for the beautiful," Tracy laughed. "Let's go."

We heeded down and sat on the couches. There were eight of us remaining. I looked at the other girls: Sarah, Tracy, Tina, Nicolette, Dani, Kenzie, and myself. One of us did not belong here and only wanted to bring drama. Still, I was not going to be the fool to bring that up. Kenzie, the pageant queen who had avoided me most of the season, looked right at me.

"Well Annie," Kenzie said. "You realize that you and Nicolette are the only two who have not had a one-on-one date."

"I had not realized," I sighed. "I guess I just value any time I have with Flynn and I know we have a good connection."

Nicolette rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"You have not had that experience though," Kenzie said. "I mean, last week Flynn and I became so much closer. You have no idea."

I thought about the bushes and some part of it did satisfy me. But then Dani had received a date and I had received zero. Perhaps he had changed his mind about me? Maybe this whole connection was in my head and he was just being polite. Sure, I was here for Jessa and to convince my aunt to hold up her end of the bargain. Did I honestly want to get engaged? I was not sure. I had assumed that Flynn and I would have spent more time together. A seed of doubt sprung up in me.