Chapter 17: Early Signs

Shadé

If sleep doesn't find me in the next five minutes, I'm going for a damn walk or something. I peeked at the clock on my nightstand and saw that it was a quarter past one in the morning. I closed my eyes, trying to think of anything besides what could have happened if I went into Vincent's room alone. But to no avail, I ended up thinking about the what-ifs, anyway. Would they have forced me into something I didn't want any parts of? Would they have held me down and taken advantage of me? I was afraid just thinking about it I almost contemplated on quitting and hoping there was an underground strip club in London I could work at. Ugh, but I'm not a twerking girl. I'd rather whine my wait for three hours straight before doing any kind of twerking.

I grabbed my pillow and groaned into it, knowing very well that sleep would not be a factor tonight. I got up and decided that a walk would tire my ass out, not a workout but just a walk around my favorite part of the castle; the garden.

I didn't bother changing out of the pajama set that I was in because I knew I was going to change out of them once I got back. I quietly left the Staff Quarters and made my tread to the garden, knowing that the natural scent of the flowers would bring me peace.

Speaking of flowers, I needed to cut things off with Frank. I didn't know the history he and Aimee had until she elaborated on it. They initially slept together before starting to work here and from what Aimee told me, she's been wanting to make things work with him, but Frank's been friend-zoning her for a while now. I felt bad for sis because had it been me, I would have been hopped to the next dick and gave up on him.

I chuckled to myself as I thought about how grateful I am that I didn't sleep with Frank. For one, it would be too weird because I've been looking at him as a brother. And two, now that I know the extent of Aimee's feelings for him, I definitely want nothing to do with him.

"Now that I think about it. I can say the same for Vincent and Tiffany," I muttered to myself. I wasn't exactly sure about what feelings Tiffany had for Vincent aside from her attraction to him, but I was almost positive the feeling wasn't mutual. Not that it's mutual with Frank and Aimee either, but Aimee has a chance with Frank. Tiffany doesn't have a chance with Vincent. I didn't even have a chance with the son-of-a-bitch. That whole oral sex thing was just for fun, and knowing him, it was probably a little experiment. But I didn't care, I got my nut without having to return the favor so I wasn't about to complain.

"What about me and Tiffany?"

The question caught me off guard as I heard a drowsy, deep voice from my right. I had just entered the garden, expecting it to be empty since it was so late, but evidently, Vincent either thought the same as me or he was waiting out here. Judging by how sleepy he appears, I'm assuming the latter.

"How long were you out here," I questioned.

"I'm not sure since I dozed off," he replied as he stretched his back.

"Interesting," I nodded and then remembered the fuck shit that happened today. I made a u-turn to head back into the castle. Well, I guess I'm not walking tonight.

"Hold on a minute, Shadé," Vincent rushed over to me until he was in front of me, blocking my path to the castle.

"You better get the fuck out of my way, Vincent, or so help me...," I trailed off into my threat.

"Or you'll hit me? I don't care. I need to get something off of my chest, so will you hear me out," he pleaded.

"You have thirty seconds. Start talking," I demanded.

"One, I'm so sorry for everything that happened today; from my friends and relatives coercing you into coming into my room to the nonsense they were spewing. As your friend, I'm holding myself accountable for the way they treated you earlier. I should have said something, but when I do, they try to link us together and that's the last thing I want is for them to find out," he said. I narrowed my eyes at that last part.