Chapter 2

When it crept closer to 31st July, more and more letters made their way to Sakata, regardless of where he ended up. He seemed to have at least a handful of owls waiting for something everywhere he went, staring at him with their big lamp-like eyes. He was almost wished that he can answer the letter somewhat on the day itself, if only to get them to shove off. The letters say sending an owl for the reply, but it's not like the redhead had exactly one of those on hand, not to mention he did not even have a paper, a writing utensil or an envelope to write an reply.

"Young man, I can't help but notice you've attracted the attention of quite a few nocturnal friends," remarks a man, settling down on a bench near where Sakata had leaned against the base of a bird-filled tree. The redhead didn't answer, instead he shoved the strange letters deeper into his pockets.

The man chuckled. "You have no reason to hide those from me, Mr. Fawks as I know very well the contents of your letters." Sakata's eyes narrowed and start to analyse the man on the bench.

"So, you are the one behind this tawdry joke? Who the hell are you, Toushirou or the other fella on the letter, Moly?" The redhead said rather harshly. His beautiful red orbs glare at the said man.

"Neither, my boy." The man smiled softly.

"Please let me introduce myself. My name is Rui Kurosaki, although I know Yuuta and Mr. Moly very well. I 'm afraid this isn't a joke either, even though I can imagine a boy as smart as you know that by now." When Sakata heard the man or Rui 's explanation, he rolled his eyes and picked himself off the ground while brushing off some dirt from his pants.

"Nice to talk to you, Rui, but I try to not associate as much as I can with crazies or wizards or anything you want to call yourself." As soon as the words come out from his mouth, Sakata walked away from Rui.

"I'm not going to stop you choosing to keep going as you are, but I can't help the feeling of wanted to ask if you're really happy about your life right now. Have you really never had even a moment where you experienced something that a non-magical society simply could not explain?" Rui asked Sakata.

Sakata hesitated and stopped on his track. "Magic isn't real, but even if it was, how can you be so sure I've got it? Wouldn't more people know about this?" Sakata mumbled but it was loud enough for Rui to hear what he said.

"Oh, there's this ridiculous little thing called Trace on those under the age of seventeen with magic that keeps track of young wizards and witches to make sure they 're not getting out of control. It is also quite illegal to exhibit sorcery to regular people, so you most likely wouldn't have heard anything about it." Rui chuckled.

"Attempts to lure children into strange cult, or whatever the bloody hell that you and your friends are doing, is also illegal." Sakata stated and cross his arms in front of his chest.

Rui laughed. "I suppose that is what this looks like to you. Mr. Fawks, I'm not going to ask you to do anything. However, I want you to be conscious that you have options, and this is one of them. If you change your mind, feel free to meet me tomorrow at the Leaky Cauldron. It's a little bar, easy to miss if you don't pay attention, it was between a bookshop and an old record store. "The man stood up and offered one last gentle smile to the redhaired boy. "I do hope to see you soon. Stay safe, Sakata."

With that last word, Rui started to walk away from Sakata. After a few moments, Sakata can see Rui disappear inside the crowd of busy people in the street of London. He sighed and looked up at the sky. In his mind, there was a lot of things to think especially about the offer that Rui had said.

That night, Sakata went back to his 'home' and think about the offer again. He wanted to accept it but that all seem too good to be true. Sighing for the umpteenth times, he lay down on the cold concrete and close his eyes. When he opens his eyes again, one can see the resolve in the fire red orbs.