Chapter 4

King's Cross Station was a busy place, but it was especially hectic on that particular special day, the first of September. For this was the day that hundreds of students would be departing to school on the Hogwarts Express.

Shima Hyann looked at his train ticket again. Surely he had read the ticket wrong. However no matter how many times he blinked, the slip of paper was still labeled as Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Mr. Kojuro would probably know what to do, but the man had been in a rush and Shima, being a kind soul he is had insisted that he knew fully well how to get on a train. Well, now he was paying the price. His family cannot come and help him either because both of them suddenly had an emergency meeting, so he was left alone.

Shima sighed, gazing at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. The absence of a 'platform nine and three quarters' was quite obvious. The purplenette wondered for a moment if all of this wasn't just some big joke. Although, he remembered the feeling he had when his wand had chosen him, the people, the books, and everything else very clearly. He could distinctly see the wall shifting and morphing into a stone archway outside the Leaky Cauldron in his mind.

What on earth was he going to do? He was slowly starting to attract a lot of funny and weird looks, because of Maaru. He definitely need to ask someone.

So, he tried and stopped a passing guard, but didn't dare to mention the platform nine and three quarters. The reason was the guard had never heard of Hogwarts and when Shima couldn't even tell him what part of the country the school was in, he started to get annoyed, as though Shima was being stupid on purpose. Thus, getting a little desperate, the purplenette asked for the train that would left at eleven o'clock, but of course the guard said there wasn't one. In the end, the guard strode away, muttering about time wasters with an angry look.

And right now, Shima was trying hard to not panic because according to the large clock over the arrivals board, he had ten minutes left to get on the train to Hogwarts and he really had no idea how to do it. He was stranded in the middle of a station with a trunk he could hardly lift, a pocket full of wizard money (courtesy of Mr. Kojuro) and a unique animal thats normal people will never bring, a squirrel.

Mr. Kojuro must have forgotten to tell him something that he had to do, like tapping the third brick on the left to get into Diagon Alley. At the noment, the male wondered if he should get his wand out and started tapping the ticket inspector's stand between platforms nine and ten.

However, in the middle of Shima's panicking, a group of four people passed just behind him and he manage to catch a few words of what they were saying.

"-- packed with Muggles, of course --"

Shima swung round. The speaker was a young brown haired man, who was talking to two boys, one with a yellow hair and other with a red hair. Each of them was pushing a trunk like Shima's in front of him and guess what, they also had some unique animal, a fox and a dog.

Heart hammering, Shima pushed his cart after them. They stopped and so did he, just near enough to hear what they were saying.

"Now, what's the platform number?" said the brunet.

"Nine and three quarters!" piped the redhead. His face look so excited as he smile a thousand watts.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" The boy with the golden hair asked the two adults.

The brunet, smiled and said, "Just run through it. Rui will be right behind you guys."

'Run through?' Shima frowned. 'That didn't seem very magical.' He thought and watch the group intensely.

"What?" The redhead squeked, "What do you mean, 'Run through'? What if I crash?"

The other man, who Shima assumed was Rui, said, "You won't, Sakata. It's been this way for generations. It's not going to suddenly change now. Just run through the wall, and I will be right behind you."