Chapter 4

It's been 5 months since Jasmine's birthday trip to the beach, and recently she's been feeling unwell. Sadly her mother isn't getting anybetter, but the bills are being paid nonetheless.
"Copii, venți sā luați micul dejun!" Jasmine calls in her native tounge.
Soon 6 boys and a small girl run into the kitchen for breakfast. Jasmine has taken a day off work to care for her siblings and mother.
"Jasmine, I'm glad you're taking a day off. You seem really tired." The eldest boy, Adrian, says smiling at his sister.
"Me too Om mic." Jasmine says, smiling at her brother, "I have to take Mamā to treatment, then I have an appointment for myself. I'll be home in time to make dinner. Adrian take Maria, Florian, and Cezar to before care on your way to drop off Luca at Jason's so he can get on the bus then get yourself and Sergiu to school. Okay?"
"I know Jas. Now go take mother to treatment." Adrian replies, hugging his sister.
Jasmine hands each sibling their lunch before waving them out the door. She then goes upstairs and wakes her mother. Once Jasmine's mother had breakfast and was dressed, Jasmine helped her to her car. The treatment appointment was 2 hours today, plenty of time for Jasmine to get to her appointment and back before it was over.
"Alright Mamā, I'll be back. Look your friend Jackie is here to keep you company." Jasmine says, a sad smile gracing her lips.
Jasmine drives to the doctor's office, worried she might have the flu or a bad stomach bug. She goes inside and up to the counter.
"Hello, I'm Jasmine Balān. I'm here to see Dr. Yang."
"Someone will be out to get you in a minute, please take a seat in the waiting area." The kind lady says gesturing to a sitting area to her right.
5 minute pass before Jasmine's called and escorted back to an examination room.
One the nurse takes measurements and updates Jasmine's Chart she calls the Doctor in.
She does a physical examination and notices that Jasmine has put on a few pounds since her last visit.
"When was your last period?" Dr. Yang asks, her eyes not leaving her chart.
"I can't remember to be honest, they've always been very irregular." Jasmine responds thoughtfully.
"Okay, are you sexually active?" Dr. Yang asks looking up from her chart briefly.
"Y-yes." Jasmine says, scarey though race through her mind.
"Okay well were running the flu test right now but I'd like to run a pregnancy test too just to rule that out. He's a cup the bathroom is down the hall." Dr. Yangs replies, making notes on her chart before handing Jasmine a sample cup.
After Jasmine gives her full cup to a nurse she sits in the empty exam room, waiting.
It seems like hours have gone by before the doctor returns.
"You do not have the flu," Dr. Yang says before taking a seat, "and congratulations you are pregnant!"
"W-What!?! No that's not possible, I've had false positives before, could this just be that?" Jasmine asks freaking out.
"We ran it three time just to be sure. Do you- Do you know who the father is?" Dr. Yang asks
"No..." Jasmine says quietly, staring at her hands in her lap.
"That's alright Honey. I'd like to set up an appointment for you to see Dr. Tracey so she can get a look at the baby."
"Okay." Jasmine says, unsure how to feel.
The two wrap up the appointment. When Jasmine gets to her car she breaks out in tears, before calling Marissa.
"Hay Jas! I miss seeing you at school." Marissa's cheery voice greets Jasmine.
"H-Hi, I miss you too." Jasmine says sniffling.
"Jas, whats wrong?" Marissa asks suddenly very concerned.
"I-I'm pregnant. And I have no clue who the father is!" Jasmine replies before breaking out into tears again.
"OMG! I'm going to be an aunt! Okay I remember you said your mom has treatment today so go pick her up and I'll be at your house when you get home." Then the line goes dead, Marissa hung up.
Just as Jasmine starts her car, her phone rings. It's the treatment center.
Jasmine quickly picks up,
"Hello?"
"Is this Ms. Jasmine Balān?"
"Yes this is."
"This is nurse Tammie, your mother had a heart attack, she's being rushed to the hospital but we're afraid she might not make it. We're so very sorry."
"T-Thank you. I'll head there now."
Jasmine sends a quick text to Marissa, then heads straight for the hospital.