Runaway

Tw/abuse, manipulation, yelling, running away

Skeppy had realized he'd been streaming the whole time, and panicked as the stream had caught his mom beating him. "I'VE BEEN STREAMING THIS WHOLE TIME!?" Zak exclaimed. "WHAT?" Darryl yelled, causing Zak to silently flinch. "YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? THEY SAW MY MOM BEAT ME!" Zak cried. "SO YOU DID GET BEAT! ARE YOU OK, DO I NEED TO CALL SOMEONE!?" Darryl exclaimed. "NO, I'M FINE, BYE GUYS, SAY BYE!" Zak yelled.

After the stream, he had a chat with Darryl. "Do I need to come over there and take you to my house?" Darryl asked. "Yes, please." Zak said. "Ok, I'll be there in the morning."

Zak woke up to Darryl calling at 6 am. "Hey, I'm here, just walk down the block and you'll see me." Zak grabbed his backpack and phone, and put his goodbye note on his bed. He opened the window and slid down the roof into the grass.

Down the block he ran, and saw Darryl in his black Honda Civic. He immediately smiled at Darryl, put his backpack in the backseat, and jumped in the passenger seat. Darryl immediately took notice to a bruise on Zak's cheek, and put his hand on Zak's face. "I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner, but atleast I did end up noticing." Darryl said with reassurance in his voice. Zak shot Darryl a soft smile, and buckled up. Darryl took the car out of park, and got ready to drive for 6 more hours.

Zak was woke up at 9am to his mom calling, and Zak immediately panicked. He picked up the phone and put on his deepest voice. "Hello?" Zak said. "ZAK DON'T YOU EVEN TRY TO FOOL ME! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?" The voice screamed. Zak zoned out and just took the yelling, eyes slowly watering. Darryl took Zak's phone and quickly told Zak to cover his ears. "LEAVE HIM ALONE! ZAK IS AFRAID OF YOU AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!" Darryl yelled in a vocal range he didn't know he could reach. The voice on the phone was silent, soon they finally spoke. "Fine, let him see how much of a mess he will be without me!" The voice said. Darryl hung up and set the phone down. Zak was rocking back and forth as an instinct, tears streaming down his soft cheeks.

Darryl pulled over on the side of the road, and started to comfort the boy. He wiped Zak's tear gently, and held his hands while they hugged. Darryl held Zak's hand to comfort him as Zak blocked the number. Zak had fell asleep as all the crying tired him, so Darryl turned on his turn signal and got back on the road.

They finally arrived, and Zak was still asleep, so Darryl put Zak's backpack on and carried Zak in the house bridal style. Darryl put Zak on his soft grey couch, and covered the boy with a cold, heavy, black blanket. Darryl went and set Zak's backpack on the dining table, and Darryl went into the living room and fell asleep sitting on the same couch.