Chapter 2

They were running through the streets, and it felt just like old times, except, of course, without Hermione, but Hermione hadn't been mad at Harry, she understood why he hadn't told them about him and Draco, and understood he had no intention of telling them. Ron had Ginny to look out for, she had divorced him and moved out. She was devastated, but she was Ginny, she would make it through, she always did.

This trip Harry decided not to being her up in case it made Ron change his mind, but right now he needed him.

Neville's house was just a few blocks down from his, so to his devastation, he knew what it meant when the front door was cracked open. He collapsed to the sidewalk, shaking, and gave out a pathetic wail. Ron didn't stop to comfort him, he bolted into the house in his moments of fleeting optimism to make sure Neville was really dead, that there was no way of saving him from the horrors of Harry's head. But the boy only came back pale and shaking, he sat on the sidewalk next to Harry.

"Well, he-he's dead, but-but there was something else too-something not in your dream..." He trailed off, Harry looked up at him, and Ron met his gaze, close to tears. "Harry, it-it s-said you-it said that you were next." Harry froze and Ron burst into tears.