Chapter One: The Kidnapping

I woke up in a strange foresty place. The last thing I could remember is going over to Ava's place to visit her. I opened the door to the apartment, walked around the corner, and then everything went white and now I'm here. In a cold, dark, forest with no way to know where to start looking.

"Ava?" I call out to see if Ava was anywhere around. What I didn't know was that there was something hiding in the forest, listening to me. "Oh, she must be yelling out that other human's name. So she knows her... perfect" He said quietly to himself. "Ava!?" I call out again, "Where are you!?"

After calling out a few times, I hear footsteps from behind me. I turn around thinking it was Ava, "Oh! Ava! There you are!" But as the shadowy figure stepped closer to me, I noticed it wasn't Ava at all... The male who approached me was wearing what seemed to be human clothes. He had green eyes and one of his eyes had a scar that looked like an 'X' over it.

"You're not Ava..." I said, stepping back. "No. I'm not." He responded, with his low gravely voice, "But I believe I'm looking for her as well. Do you mind describing her to me?" He asked in a tone I was not so comfortable with. "U-Uhhh..." I stuttered. What if he were up to no good? What if he wanted to do something terrible to her? "S-She has raven hair, s-she has p-pink eyes-" "That's all I need to know." He cut me off from describing Ava as if he knew exactly who she was.

"Tell me where I can find Ava." He said in a very demanding tone. "I-I don't know where she is..." I stammered and had a hard time trying to stay calm. He got closer to me and held a knife to my throat. "Where. Is. Ava." His words were slow and demanding. I had never felt so scared in my life. My ears were pointed down as his speech got more and more demanding.

"I honestly don't know where she is! If I knew, I would already be there!" I didn't know how to react to a knife being held up to my throat. He backed off and put the knife away, "We'll see about that..." I only just heard him say under his breath.

"Excuse me...?" I asked him, concerned about what he was going to do. I heard a noise from behind me and I turned around for a split second to see where the noise came from. I'm not sure what happened after that, but as I opened my eyes and look around, I have a pounding headache and I notice that I'm in a cage. He must have knocked me out and kidnapped me.