Chapter Two: Zex

As I looked around, I could see that the cage was located in a small clearing in the forest. Tall trees and big bushes surrounded the clearing. The person who had kidnapped me was nowhere to be seen in the area.

I heard a noise from the shadows and I turned around to see what was making all that noise. It was the male with the scar over his eye. "Who are you?" I asked the mysterious man.

"I'm Zex." He said in a low gravely voice, "And you are going to tell me where Ava is." His tone was very demanding. I just sat there, scared for my life. "I don't know where Ava is!" I snapped back at Zex. I had no idea where she could be. Zex then held his blade out and pointed it in my direction as a threat. "Tell me where she is."

"If you hurt me, I'll scream! And I'll alert anyone who is around us!" I warned him to stay back but he didn't listen. He kept inching closer to the cage. "S-Stay back! I-I'm warning you!" But he paid no attention to my warning and kept getting closer to the cage.

As soon as he got to the cage door, he unlocked it and let me out. I was confused at first and then he pointed his blade at me. "I'll ask again- Where. Is. Ava? Tell me!" His words were demanding and slow. "I honestly don't know where she is!" I was starting to get angry at the fact that he wasn't listening to me.

Zex seemed to be infuriated at the fact I wasn't giving him the answer he wanted. He looked me dead in the eyes and swung his blade across my face. At first, I didn't feel any pain but then soon later realised that the cut was really deep. He then picked me up and threw me back into the cage and I screamed in pain and fear.

From a while away, the Daemos were looking for Ava. One of the Daemos had heard the scream. The others didn't believe him and continued their search for Ava. One of the Daemos turned around and said that he would go with him to ho investigate the scream.

I was in tears and I was trying to calm myself down. My tears were stinging the wound on my cheek. "Ow..." I muttered under my breath. I had a massive cut on my right cheek and my back hurt from being thrown back into the cage. To be honest, my whole body was in pain. I could barely move any of my limbs because I was in so much pain.

I look up at Zex and something happening behind him caught my eye. Two shadowy figures had stepped out from behind the bushes. One of the Daemos shouted out the kidnappers' name and drew weapons. "Zex! I should have known!" Zex turned around and drew his weapons too. "You!"