chapter 11 - FYB

Kalliste thought long and hard about their situation but she decided to take this opportunity to ask more about him thus easing tension. Time has gone on and soon she felt a little bit better about her health. She stared at her left arm, the blackened tattoo that would cover her skin like a changing color fishtail. As if it was some kind of charm or protection for her.

She didn't know if things between her and Kollector were even at mitigation, it was a mystery between them but each of them had their own agenda. Kalliste was interested in how long this will play out between her and Kollector, but in the end, he seemed to be quite capable and resourceful enough to get what he wants. And yet she wanted to stay alive too, so maybe there was something to this Kollector guy after all?

It was stupid of her to get her emotions wrapped up in everything, feeling so weak, and yet that random hug she gave to him? That made her feel much better. Maybe she shouldn't have done that, but it's not like Kollector would've told anyone else anyway. It was just one of those moments where you do something without thinking. She was a trained assassin and yet sometimes she still acted like a girl. Lately, she had been frequent with Kollector as much as she would like to admit it. 

They had another collecting job that Kalliste had to attend to, and although it wasn't required she just went along with it because Kollector asked her to come.
The large corridors were large, gallant, and bronze, and as Kalliste walked through them alongside Kollector she began to notice a missing chain from her belt. She immediately turned to Kollector with his back faced her.

"Kollector. Did you take my chain?"

He slowly turned around to face her and replied, "What chain?"

"A silver chain that attached to my belt." She pointed toward her hips.
His eyebrows rose in surprise, "It must have ripped away from you during your battle with Kano." 

Kalliste sighed, "I know it was you, Kollector. I know you can't get your hands off of anything valuable." 

Kalliste furrowed her brows in annoyance and faced him eye to eye, face to face. Kollector tried to remain calm and composed despite the situation. He knew full well that Kalliste had been taking care of herself since the moment they met. She could handle herself with any opponent no matter their strength and skill level. Kollector's expression changed from blankness to a grin.

"What is yours is now mine." He said with an unrelenting smile.

"What?!" Kalliste huffed, "That was not yours to take!"

"Consider it as your payment to me for aiding you." He nodded with a shrug. Kalliste scoffed, "You little thief!" She grabbed his collar and pulled him close, her eyes had become bloodshot and her cheeks flushed red. 

Kollector continued to smile then he began to claw at her side which was where her wound was still healing. Kalliste winced and quickly relinquished her grip on him. She stumbled a bit while holding her side in pain, "...Bastard." She mumbled under her breath.
Kollector chuckled, "You're too weak, Kalliste." 

Kalliste growled in anger and looked at him with fury. She suddenly charged at him causing Kollector to fall with her hardening shove. She came down on top of him, her hand pressed into his face. She was about to kick him when he caught her leg and threw her off, then the fight between them had begun. Kollector approached her and threw a punch but Kalliste quickly dodged it, hitting him in the side instead. Kollector laughed at her dodging skills, he then took a stance and punched her once again. But before he could land a hit she was able to dodge again. They continued to throw punches and kicks until there was a distance between them.

 "Why do you possess so much anger, Kalliste?" Said Kollector in a tired, frustrated tone.

"You started this!" Kalliste yelled, "Come on, I'll show you who's really weak."
Kollector snarled, and they both charged at each other again, each trying to deliver a finishing blow.