chapter 41 - outworld

The pathway they remained on was vigilant and further away from other crowds. The two remained on their own as Mileena's embassies were further out than expected. Kalliste held weight in her stomach as she knew she wasn't entirely permitted in Mileena's court.

Mileena, Rain, and Tanya were no were to be seen. But they could see no familiar tarkatan present in the Outworld sun. Kalliste felt herself suddenly anxious as they neared themselves into the outer parts of the outworld marketplace. Kalliste suddenly pulled Kollector from the open, dragging him to a large tower of barrels and greenery.

Faint annoyance was present on her face.

"We cannot just stride our way into the public. Your mere sight will alert the people." Kollector glared at her. Then Kalliste soaked in the situation. "You do not know their whereabouts?" She asked dimly.

Kalliste looked around, glancing into the distance, trying to settle her vision and knowledge in the crowded marketplace. She sighed while keeping her and Kollector hidden in the warm shade.

"Can you tell you what Mileena's plan is?" Kalliste asks.

A moment passes.

"There came a familiar earthrealmer, a savage of his kind. Kano. Perhaps you may know of him?" Kollector speaks. The name Kano entered her mind, processing what it meant. Then it hit her. Kano was that wretched human being who reeked of vulgarity and putrid essences. Her face turned sour by the thought of him.

"Kano? Why speak of him?" She asks.

"Kano means to assist with Mileena. He will act by Kotal's side and hope to kill him." Kollector addresses. The thought of Kano assassinating the Kahn seemed doubtful and pitiful. She gave a timid smirk and stood up from hiding. "And what else? The ambush? Why is Mileena so confident in this plan?" Then Kollector begins to smile unnervingly.

"She possesses a compelling amulet. An amulet from an elder god." His face glows as he continues to speak of this talisman.

Kalliste raises a brow.

"From an elder god? How did -" Then she was cut off as Kollector begin to pull her into an unknown direction.

"Save your tongue. Kotal arrives." Kollector drags both of them into the slips of the buildings. The alleyways where they continued to hide in. It was bare and empty. A crowd out in the open where a huge carriage gradually passed through the public. They continued to observe the situation.

"Do you even know where Mileena is?" Kalliste questions with concern. Kollector looks at her, a finger laid against his muzzle - indicating her to quiet down. Feet were shuffling from behind them from an unknown soul.

"You two! Get up!" A male voice shouted from behind. One of Kotal's guard confronted them, a spear he held directly pointing against them. Kollector and Kalliste slowly rose from the ground, timidly raising their hands. The guard glared at Kollector with such anguish.

"A nakadan and... you! Kotal will h—"His words ceased, and Kalliste could only see the man's face erupt in blood. Kollector's mace ball completely demolished his head. Kalliste looked at him with blankness. It was not because of the vivid gorefest that just occurred to her - it was just very unexpected. Kollector glanced back at her muddled expression; smiling at his done deed.

"Let us remove ourselves from here." Kollector stepped over the bloodied corpse and soon drifted off into the dry alleyways until he spotted a group up ahead. Kalliste looked both ways until she noticed Kollector parting himself with her. She followed his pace until he stopped. She spotted a group of familiar tarkatans hiding in the shadows.