18 - Sports Festival

-Y/n POV-

As the next two days roll by, you do your best to avoid Shinso at every turn. Every time he approached you, you would use your quirk to completely hide yourself from his vision so you could get away. You've never really had any reason to use that technique until now.

Chikuchi did everything she could to try to get you to talk to him again, but you just couldn't face him. The way he acted had reminded you of the incident that occurred five years ago, and that was not something that's easily forgotten.

"You don't understand, Chikuchi! He pulled his hand away as if I had burned him!" You couldn't hide the pain in your voice when you spoke.

*A/n: I underlined that part so that you will remember it... The reason why we're so hurt by him pulling his hand away WILL BE EXPLAINED!!! He pulled it away as though she had BURNED him... Okay? Okay. Back to the story...

"I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, Y/n. Please, you can't avoid him forever... He's our friend!"

Even your dad noticed the change in your demeanor at home. Whenever he tried to ask you if something was wrong, you brushed it off and told him that you were just tired. You ignored all of Shinso's texts. He even called you a few times, and you declined each call.

-------------------------------

Before you knew it, the week was over and it was the day of the Sports Festival. You stood in the waiting area with the rest of your class. Chikuchi had been dreading this day and already planned to lose the first round of whatever challenge you all ended up facing.

Suddenly, you feel someone grab the back of your gym uniform and you're quickly dragged out of your group of classmates. You're yanked around a corner before being pushed up against the wall, and you come face-to-face with your captor. "Shinso! What the hell are you doing?"

"Stop ignoring me, goddammit!" He was holding onto both of your upper arms so that you couldn't get away... And he looked furious.

"I've never seen him this angry..."

"What do you want?"

"I want... to apologize." His voice dropped as he calmed himself down. "I shouldn't have done what I did... I don't know why I reacted like that. Can you please forgive me?"

"LET ME HEAR YA SCREAM AS OUR STUDENTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN STAGE!" Present Mic announces over the loudspeakers.

"We're going to have to pick this up later." You place a hand on his chest and gently push him back. The truth is, you weren't quite ready to forgive him, just yet.

As you walked away, you could feel Shinso's eyes drilling a hole through the back of your head. You turned your head to speak to him one last time.

"You'd better hope that I don't end up fighting you one-on-one."

-------------------------------

-Shinso POV-

You watched as she retreated, heading back to where the rest of your classmates were about to enter the stadium. After a few seconds, you followed her trail so that you could rejoin your class.

"Why does she have to be so stubborn?!"

These last two days of not being able to talk to her have driven you mad. You felt terrible for making her feel bad, especially after everything she's done for you. You had no idea how you were going to make it up to her this time.

You and the rest of class 1C follow classes 1A and 1B onto the field. You hear some of your classmates from behind you...

"I get the feeling we're just here to make the hero students look better..."

"I can't wait for this to be over with."

Midnight takes the stage and raises her flogging whip in the air. "Now, the introductory speech!"

You overhear some of the students around you commenting on her apparel... She wore her signature breastless corset with a thin long-sleeved leotard underneath, handcuffs around her wrists, and a garter belt with stockings.

"Uh, someone should talk to Ms. Midnight about what she's wearing..."

"Yeah, that costume should come with a warning..."

"Is that really appropriate apparel for a high school game?"

"Silence, everyone!" Midnight snaps her whip to the side. "... And for the student pledge, we have... Katsuki Bakugo!!"

"Oh, great... THIS oughta be interesting..." You watch as your childhood enemy steps forward and takes the stage, and listen as some of the hero students whisper to themselves.

"He's the first year rep?"

"I guess that hothead did finish first in the entrance test..."

Bakugo climbs the steps onto the stage and everyone in the entire stadium stays silent, awaiting his speech.

"I just wanna say... I'm gonna win."

While all of your classmates begin to 'Boo' him off of the stage, you just roll your eyes. "I knew he'd say something like that."

People around you continue to shout out disapproving comments to his speech, but Bakugo doesn't care. "Not my fault the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory." With that, he gave the rest of the students a thumbs-down and walked off of the stage.

"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!" Midnight disrupts the commotion amongst the students that Bakugo had caused. "This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first fateful game of the festival!" A large screen behind her then began spinning different game titles like a slot machine. "What could it be?" The screen finally stopped spinning. "TA-DA!!"

"An obstacle course... Huh."

Midnight then continues to explain the game. She raises her whip in the air. "I don't want to restrain anyone, at least in this game..." She licks her lips.

"Ew."

"... As long as you don't leave the course, YOU'RE FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES!"

"Great... This'll be the perfect opportunity for the hero students to show off what they can do, but what about the rest of us?"

-------------------------------

-Y/n POV-

"Now, then... TAKE YOUR PLACES, CONTESTANTS!"

All of the students move toward a large set of metal doors. Everyone gets ready, and you see one of the three lights above the door go out as a *beep* sound goes off.

You had made your way to the middle of the crowd. Chikuchi stayed in the back, and Shinso was nowhere to be seen.

*beep*

You brace yourself.

*beep*

"BEGIN!"