51 - Costumes

-Y/n POV-

"I'll meet you at our training spot, I'm going to stop by Midnight's classroom," you told Shinso as you met each other outside the room after the last bell. It's been a week since you designed your costume with Ms. Midnight, and you were excited to see how it turned out!

You headed straight to her classroom and she jumped excitedly and clapped her hands together when she saw you walk through the door. "L/n! I just finished the final touches last night! Oh, I'm so excited to see how it looks on you!"

You had to smile and reciprocate her shared enthusiasm. "I've been looking forward to it all week, Ms. Midnight!"

"Quickly! Let's go try it on!" She grabbed a box from the corner of the room and ushered you out the door and to the nearest girl's bathroom. You took it into one of the stalls and hurriedly changed into your costume. When you finished, you took a deep breath before stepping out of the stall. Midnight almost squealed when she saw you. "Oh, L/n!! It's perfect!!" She stepped aside so that you could see yourself in one of the mirrors.

"Wow

"Wow... I look... REALLY good!"

You turned to look at yourself from each angle. The leotard was a perfect cut – it held everything in place and showed off a little bit of skin while still maintaining modesty. The shoulders were cut perfectly and they didn't dig into your skin when you moved your arms. The leggings had deep pockets like you requested, and they even gave some shape to your flat butt. Your boots were an excellent fit. The arm warmers took you by surprise – they were the right color, but they also had some sort of durable padding in them, sort of like the shin guards that you used to play soccer back in America. The gloves were perfect, too – they were thick and had the perfect combination of padding and steel in the knuckles.

As you looked yourself over, Midnight explained a few of the pieces. "Since they required more durable materials, I had the Development Studio put together the boots, gloves and sleeves for you. I know that you're training in hand-to-hand combat, so I had the arm warmers padded to allow you to block incoming attacks much easier. The boots are durable and sturdy while still being lightweight, and the gloves are just as you requested." You looked at each piece as she explained them, and you couldn't suppress the joy that you felt bubbling up in your chest.

"I love it, Midnight!!" Without thinking, you gave her a hug on instinct. It took her by surprise, but she returned it all the same.

As you embraced, you heard her murmur into your ear, "Now you look like a hero."

-------------------------------

You felt nervous as you walked out to meet Shinso on the P.E. Grounds. The bathroom that you changed in wasn't far from there, so you decided to just wear your new costume on your way to the grounds. Since school was out, there were hardly any people in the halls, however there were still a couple of students that passed by as you walked. Two unfamiliar boys came from around a corner as you approached it. They were talking to each other quietly and they stopped immediately when they saw you. You felt their eyes roaming your body even after you walked past them, and you quickly used your quirk to make yourself disappear from their vision. "Damn pervs..."