Chapter 2

Urmila's p.o.v. ~

She's going to love you.

I remembered the words told by my grandmother-in-law as I watched Rashi disturbed, fidgeting in her sleep. Wrinkles were forming and fading every now and then over her forehead, I had pushed the thought of waking her up, but I couldn't resist myself now.

I patted her right cheek softly while she lay on her left.

After a while of patting she forced open her eyes, startled. Her expressions went sensitive as a tear rolled down her cheeks. My heart broke at the very sight. "You will never leave me mom? "

She whispered. As I stared at her.

"Promise me? " She whispered again. This time her sobs came along.

I hugged the baby lying down next to me, tightly. Securing her head in my chest, to clear her mind from all the bad dreams she has had.

I rubbed her back. But her sobing never stopped.

"What's wrong baby girl? " I asked her.

She stared at me. Eyes filling with tears everytime she wiped them away.

"Momma, do god send a baby and her mother on the same planet after they die? " She questioned me. Innocently. The most naive question I've came across in my life. How naively it broke my heart again.

"Yes baby, he does. " I assured her. I lied.

A faint smile reached her lips. Formed a small curve.

"Mommy?" She said, never unlocking her gaze on me.

"Yes baby, more questions? "

"Mmm hmmm" She said under her breath.

"Shoot! " I said, trying to act playful to divert her mind from her sadness.

"Momma, I don't want you to ever get old. You'll die. W.... We..... C.. an die together. "

My eyes moistened as words rolled off her tongue. I didn't want my daughter to get introduced to love in such manner. Her father didn't pay any heed to ask me if I'm doing alright. Here our daughter was hell upset thinking of my death! While the man in our family don't bother when I'm alive.

I pushed away the thoughts, keeping Rashi a priority for the moment. As I glanced at her, she was staring at me already, her fingertips tracing my jaw line. Not so sharp, yet visible one.

"No one's going to die, baby girl. " I whispered. Leaving a soft peck over her forehead.

Clouds roared, she got startled again. Mentally, me too. If he were here we could have hugged him from each sides, or he could have hugged me from behind while I secure Rashi in my arms, but you know when a it is a desire, desires are often unlivable, unfulfilled.

Rubbing her back, I held her close to me. Being her safe guard for the stormy night. The sky was visible from my room, thanks to the courtyard and opened door of my room. It had turned dark blue, almost indigo kind. Highlighted with it's orange. As if telling me that blues could be beautiful.

Soft snores were audible, of my little munchkin. She has features of me and habits of him. Brown hair, oval-shaped face of me. While this snoring, sleeping-with-her-mouth-open habit of him. She catches cold easily, just like he does. They both are fussy when it comes to food, no kidding. Fussy enough that you'd blink and watch their temper on another level. He's desi-Indian while she's a fan of Chinese. Fussy still.

She's naive. I remember it from when we went to a restaurant and ordered noodles for her. She ate it and asked for more. We ordered fried rice then, telling her it's noodles and a bit more chopped. She ate it too. She'll buy your lies, you know?