1

Over the weeks the town slowly grew to love the mask. It seemed that nobody see past his lies, except for the doctor. The doctor could see through the mask like he was transparent. However, the doctor decided to entertain the mask by pretending that he did believe him. It was kind of amusing.

The mask had gotten the doctor to warm up a bit, though he got no closer to figuring out the doctor's past, which was a bit annoying. But he did make plans with the doctor to go visit his house for the first time!

The mask had followed the directions that the doctor had told him, apparently he lived in a house in the middle of the forest. As the mask approached the house, he could see that it wasn't very elegant, but even from the outside it was ridiculously clean. The front porch was kept in good condition and the windows looked like they were regularly wiped. While he couldn't see much of the back of the house, the mask could see a couple of plants, mainly lavender, growing in a back garden.

Overall, a pretty nice house, at least from the outside.

The mask knocked on the door a few times, and waited patiently for the doctor to answer. A few seconds had gone by and the mask heard shuffling from behind the door. The door opened, reveling the doctor who looked surprised. "D-Deo? What are you doing here?" The doctor said. "I thought we agreed that we would meet today? Wait, unless you meant tomorrow." The doctor stayed silent for a moment. "Oh! Right you were coming over! Apologies, I forgot."

"Ah, it's okay."

"Well, come in," the doctor moved out of the way to let the mask into the house. "Sorry for the mess, I didn't have time to clean up before you came over..." The mask seemed to raise an 'eyebrow,' clearly the doctor's definition of a 'mess' differed from the mask's. The house was nearly spotless! Except for the dirt from the potted plants in the windows, but that was expected. The house seemed to be one big room and a hallway that led to three different rooms.

It seemed like the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room were all in one room, the room that he just entered. There was a small little fireplace with a couch, in the middle of the room was one small table with a potted plant on top, and to the side was a few cabinets and counters. The doctor closed the door behind him and cleared his throat. "Well, what do you want to do now?" The doctor said.

"I don't know, it's your house."

"But... You're the guest."

"... But it's your house."

"You're the guest...!"

The two stayed silent before chuckling a bit. "Why don't we just talk? Maybe then we'll figure out something." The mask suggested. And so they sat on the couch next to each other, exchanging small talk. The doctor was a strange and mysterious man, but the mask would be lying if he said he didn't like that.

Only a few minutes had passed before they both heard a small 'meow.' "Oh wait! I forgot to feed Mittens!" The doctor exclaimed, jumping up from the couch. "Wow, you're just forgetting everything today aren't ya doc?" The mask commented. The doctor did not respond, as he seemed too busy with feeding his cat. Then, the doctor came out with a black cat, who seemed a little bit... Chubby.

The doctor sat back on the couch, putting the cat in his lap as she purred loudly. "So, you have a black cat?" The mask casually mentioned. "Yes, her name is Mittens." The doctor replied simply. "Can I pet her?"

"Yeah don't worry, she has only mauled a man's hand once." The doctor casually said, whilst petting the cat. "... Once? Mittens mauled a man's hand once?"

"Yes, but that man turned out to be a murderer who thought black cats were unlucky. However you shouldn't have to worry, she's been fine with everyone else..." The doctor paused."... Or at least the two other people I've brought over here."

The mask didn't want to pet Mittens now.

---

Another hour had passed, the two had a nice a nice conversation. "Well, it was nice coming over doc, however I believe I must take my leave." The mask said dramaticly, getting up from the couch. "Alright Deo, have a safe walk home. Make sure to not hit your head on a tree." The doctor said humorously. The mask couldn't help but smile as he set off.