Edogon Ch.20

Finally After Some Time XD

This Story Might Have More That 25 Chps, Maybe..Idk Yet =P Now I Have To Get Back To Working On Forced Money And Never Leave Me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty: Trust

Dune Quinn Reporting for Duty

            I wondered why in that moment I had trusted Avery and didn’t push for answers. Was it because of the way she was staring at me, as if pleading for me to understand? Either way I had been sucked in by her and was now in her full command. And as of this moment I sat in the conference room with her, along with the leaders of all the other departments as we made our way back to the mother ship Urenic for Christmas.

            “I’ve appointed Dune Quinn my first in command not because I have close relations with him, but because I think he’d do a great job as a first officer.” Avery was explaining to the group before us. “I know as a captain I don’t have to explain my reasons. But since it seems I have so many people that don’t like me, I thought I should explain my reasons for this promotion.” Jonas and Turner nodded in agreement with Avery’s words. “I’m hoping that you can accept my decision and support your new first officer.” I looked back at the crowd to see some people whispering but most of the people before us were nodding in agreement. “Well then that brings this discussion to a close. Get back to your duties and packing. We’ll be arriving at Urenic in an hour.” The crew nodded and gathered up anything they had brought with them and walked out of the room back out into the hallways and on to doing their duties. Once they were all gone I turned back around to face Avery.

            “An hour really? Shouldn’t we be doing some dramatic duty or something?” I asked. Avery laughed and turned on the hologram screen behind us. A map of that showed the Edogon heading towards Urenic showed up.

            “Nope, because it’s almost Christmas, we should all be home for Christmas.” Avery answered me, her eyes glued to the ship that was her home.

            “I see...” I said. I don’t know why but being around Avery lately made me feel weary, the way she was acting now a days, as if she was preparing for some sort of grand finale. It scared me. But I guess what I should be more afraid of was the people back at Urenic who went to the Academy with us and knew my bet. If they told Avery...especially now after everything I’ve realized, I just know it’ll kill her. After what Stark did and now you had me with this bet that I couldn’t call off.

            “Have you ever had a happy Christmas Dune?” Avery suddenly asked me, turning around to face me with that heavenly look in her eyes. But beneath that look you could see this faint look her in her eyes...as if she was putting on a brave face.

            “Uh once, I was twelve and it was truly a white Christmas. It was one of the last Christmases my family spent together with my parents being on good terms.” I told Avery while trying to resist the urge to reach out and take her face in my hands and ask her what was really wrong.

            “I see. Well then please make this Christmas a good one for me.” Avery said, she gave me a quick peck on the cheek and then left the room, leaving me there to stare at the Edogon moving closer and closer towards the Urenic.

            Soon enough the Edogon landed at Urenic and I found myself with a bag over my shoulder and making my way to the Quinn house. The Quinn house had only recently been made for me since I really had nowhere else to go.