Darlin' (A/N at end)

"Ahhhhh! Motherfucker!" I hear gunshots and muffled groans upstairs. I bring my knees up to my chest and hold onto them, waiting for my father to come down and blame more for whatever happened upstairs. I'm Ada and I live in the basement of my fathers house. He's an alcoholic and a user. He comes down into the basement to hit me, whip me, throw bottles at me, burn me; you name it, he's done it. The sounds upstairs suddenly stop I begin to worry whether he's listening to hear if I make a sound, so that he has a reason to beat me again tonight. But nothing happens and no sounds can be heard. I let go of my legs and grab onto the shackle on my leg and try pulling it off. I sigh in frustration when it doesn't budge. My father put me down here whenever he found me in the woods. I had ran away and stopped to rest but he found me and brought me back home. That night he put me in the basement and put this shackle on my leg to keep me from running away again.

That was about 3 years ago and I was 16. The chain on the shackle is long enough for me to get to the bathroom but not long enough for me to take a shower, so I've been using wet washcloths to clean myself the best I can. I hear footsteps upstairs and muffled voices. I strain my ears to try and listen closer and realize that it's not my fathers voice. The voices get closer and I start getting nervous. The door opens, letting in a little more light from upstairs. "Looked like they didn't want us in here." A gruff, southern voice talks to somebody. "Careful baby brother, we don' know what could be done here." I quickly move my knees to my chest again, getting nervous at the fact that I'm in my panties and bra and some grown men are coming downstairs towards me. I back up into the corner and hold onto my legs tightly. Soon, they walk down the stairs and stop at the end, looking at me. I sit still and hold my breath a little, waiting for them to hurt me or kill me. The one with shorter and greyer hair takes his jacket off and slowly walks towards me. "I won't hurt ya darlin'. Just wan' make ya decent." I tense up and watch as he sets his jacket on the old mattress that I'm sitting on.

He walks backwards back to the other guy and turns around, grabbing his friends shoulder and turning him around too. I quickly grab his jacket and put it on, zipping it closed. I stand up and the chain moves a little on the floor, making them turn around. "Daryl, unchain 'er." I tense up as the guy walks over and crouches down to my shackle. I watch him carefully as he unlocks it. He stands up and slowly backs away from me. I stare at them wearily and bite my lip. "We won't hurt ya sugar. I'm Merle and this here is ma brother, Daryl." I look them over and wrap my arms around me to warm myself up more. Merle sighs and hands his gun and knife to his brother, I didn't even realize that he was armed. I keep my guard up as he slowly walks closer to me. He may not be armed with weapons anymore, but he could still be dangerous. "I won't hurt ya, promise. I just wan' help ya." I step off of the old mattress and look from Merle to Daryl and back again. Merle puts his hand out for me and I stare at it blankly.

I hesitantly put my hand in his. He gives me a small smile before turning and pulling me towards the stairs. We walk upstairs and Merle wraps his other arm around me. "Close yer eyes sugar, don't think you'll wan' see this." I nod and close my eyes. Merle leads me down a hallway and into a room, shutting the door behind us. "Open yer eyes now darlin'." I open my eyes and see that I'm in my old room. "Pack some clothes, only what's necessary. Daryl's out in the living room and I'll step outside the door and wait fer ya ta be done." I nod at him and he lets go of my hand, I didn't even realize I was still holding onto him. He leaves and makes sure the door is shut behind him. I look around my room and get flashbacks of that night.

*Flashback*

I put my last shirt into my duffel bag and set it on my bed. I open my window and grab my duffel bag, throwing it out the window first. I then jump out of the window and grab my bag, running towards the woods, not looking back. I run for a long while and my legs begin to shake. I slow down to a stop and lean against a tree, sitting down and resting. I close my eyes for a few minutes and wake up from somebody hitting my face. I look up in shock and suddenly feel fear wash over me. My father picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, along with my bag. I thrash around and try to get out of his hold. Soon, we get into the house and he throws me onto my bed. He drops my bag and kicks it under the bed. He stomps over to the window and slams it shut, almost breaking the glass.

He stomps over to me and smacks my face again. He grabs me by my hair and drags me out of my room. He drags me towards the front door and stops in front of the basement door. "D-Daddy no! Please, I-I'm sorry!" He lets go of my hair and kicks me in the stomach, most likely leaving a bruise. "Shut the hell up!" He unlocks the door and throws it open. He grabs me by my hair again and throws me down the stairs. I hit my head on the cement floor and groan in pain, trying to lift myself up. A steel-toed boot comes in contact with my stomach again and I fall. I don't bother trying to crawl away or protecting myself because I know it angers him more when I do. I cover my head the best I can and groan and whimper every time he kicks me. "You'll never leave me! Not like your slut of a mother!"

He picks me up and rips my shirt off. Then, he rips my pants off and throws them down. He picks me up and tosses me down on an old mattress. He grabs something that's connected to a chain and puts it on me. "Stupid bitch, think you can just leave like your fucking mother?! Not in my house, not while I'M still alive!" He kicks me a few more times then stops to catch his breath. He picks up my clothes and stomps up the stairs, slamming the door and locking it. I cover my mouth with my hands and cry silently.

*End of Flashback*

A knock at my door brings me back to reality. "Ya done in there sweetie?" I wipe my eyes and nose and try breathing normally. I grab my duffel bag from under my old bed and set it down, opening it and looking through it for some clothes. I take Merle's leather jacket off and set it on the bed. I strip to nothing and put some clean undergarments on. I put on some clean clothes and socks then open my old closet to put on some shoes and pack extras.

I put Merle's jacket back on and zip it closed

I put Merle's jacket back on and zip it closed. (jacket above/just picture it as a mans jacket) I tie my shoes and grab my bag, walking to the door and opening it. Merle turns around and looks at me. He gives me a small smile and takes my bag from me. He gently takes my hand in his. "Close yer eyes darlin'. I'll let ya know when you can open them." I nod and obey him. He leads me down the hall and down a few steps before I can open my eyes. I open my eyes and see that I'm outside. It's different than I expected it, but I'm glad I get to feel the sun on my face again. A blue truck pulls up in front of us and Daryl rolls down the window. "We need ta go, now." Merle throws my bag in the back of the truck where a motorcycle is and opens the passenger door, letting me in first. He gets in and shuts the door. Daryl drives off and I look around at everything, trying to figure out why we're going so fast and why they're in such a hurry.

My eyes feel heavy and Merle chuckles, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Sleep darlin'. Yer gonna need it." I lean my head on his shoulder and sigh. "We'll wake ya when we get there. And we'll protect ya too, sweetie." Daryl says while slowing down a little. I wrap my arms around myself and close my eyes. "Thank you." I whisper, but they don't respond. They probably didn't hear me. I listen to the sound of the wind as Daryl drives and eventually fall asleep.

Hey everybody. I'm sorry it's been awhile since my last upload and I'm very very sorry for being so late. My sister is getting married tomorrow and I'm the Maid of Honor!! Anyways, it might be a little while before I get to write again. Thought I should let you all know rather than just keep you waiting. Well, I hope you all have a good day/night. Stay safe and sanitized everyone! I love you all so much. Xoxox