Chapter 5- The Good Thing

The next couple weeks were jammed packed. We had a funeral, planning for the wedding, and rehearsing the wedding. It was chaos.
"Mom, I am nervous. What if mess up?" I asked.
"Grace you will do fine. You two have been waiting for this a long time. Enjoy yourself." My mom said.
"I know but it is not what we planned. We wanted Abe's mom to be here." I said.
"Hey, I know but think you two will be married. You guys will enjoy it trust me." My mom said. "Got to go. Love you."
"Love you." I said.
The wedding started and after what seemed like hours, my dad walked me down the aisle. As soon as I walked in the room, Abe smiled. He looked really nice. When my dad let me go, he kissed me on the cheek. Today was the day I was getting married; I can't believe it.
"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Abraham Andle and Grace Westfall in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife."
"Do you Abraham, take Grace to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you might face, for as long as you live?" The preacher asked.
"I do." Abraham said.
"And do you Grace, take Abraham to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you might face, for as long as you live?" He asked me.
"I do." I replied.
"You may give her your ring" The preacher told Abraham.
"I Abraham give you Grace this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you" Abe told me as he put my ring on.
"I Grace give you Abraham this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." I said slipping his ring on his hand.
"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss your bride." The preacher said.
Abe took me and gave me our first kiss on the lips.
After the ceremony we had our reception. Are reception was more of a cookout, than a reception, but we wanted that, so it was fine. We played games and opened our wedding gifts. We got many things including some lanterns, a bed quilt for the guest room.
We left from our wedding immediately to go to BWI to catch our 5-hour flight to Aruba. Abe's granddad worked at the Esso oil refinery in the 1950's so it was important to his life and we were going to make it important to our life. Before I knew it, we were boarding the plane! I just couldn't wait! We decided to take southwest, and they plane they were using for the trip was a Boeing 737! After 5 long hours we finally reach the One Happy Island Aruba! We got our rental car and headed to the Tropicana where we were staying. It was around 6:30 am and no time change currently. I was quickly off to bed for a nap since I can sleep on cars or plains. I fell asleep fast and in my reception dress with my shoes on. Abe fell asleep on the blue couch. He looked so cute with his tux jacket draped over his arms. I checked the time it was 12:30. I decided wake Abe up and get our swimsuits and sunblock to head outside to the pool. I was exhausted from the wedding; I almost fell asleep on the chair in the sun without sunblock. That would have been bad because according to my research you can get sunburnt here in about 15 minutes. So, I quickly put on sunscreen. Then I hear the lifeguard whistle blow, and everyone started to run out of pool. There was someone drowning, and he looked around 5 years old. The kid was fine thankfully and then Abe and I headed back up to the room to put our stuff away. It's about 2:30 so we headed to the market to get stuff to make lunch. We got groceries for about a week and made turkey and ham sandwich's for lunch. It's about 4 pm so he headed down to Eagle beach and walked in the sand, holding hands. It was a beautiful evening celebrating our 1-day anniversary and watching the sunset. It was about 8 o'clock by the time we got back, and we hit the bed right away falling asleep quickly.