Chapter Thirteen

*Important Warning - this book is for mature adult readers for a reason. From here on out, there will be some intense subject matter such as torture and murder. If you are uncomfortable with these topics, then please, skip or read at your own risk. I will not be writing summary chapters or non graphic chapters such as in 'Blade'. These gruesome acts are necessary to the plot, as Talia's revenge is the main plot of this novel. I understand that this can be triggering to some, so here is your warning that what transpires between Talia/Ryder and the men who hurt her is not pretty and will be hard to read for some. Remember, this is just fiction for the sole purpose of entertainment. Violence in media is very popular, though hard to watch/read. If violence is not your thing, I completely understand. Thank you for reading.*

•Ryder •

•Ryder •

Talia may have left last week, but that doesn't stop the fact that two of her attackers will be arriving later this evening.

In a stretch limo filled with all the pleasures a couple douchebags could want.

Turner insisted we make it as legit as possible, and then I had the thought that it would be a good precursor to the events that will soon unfold. Lure them into a false sense of security. Let them enjoy themselves. And then boom, take it all away and ruin them.

Only when Talia comes back.

After she texted me a few days ago that she wouldn't be coming back anytime soon, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands. I know she wants to be the one to do this, but I can't let this opportunity slip away.

Plus, it's not like I have to end their lives tonight. No, they're getting locked away in the basement of the cabin until Talia returns. Until she can handle them herself, they'll sit in their own filth and rot in the darkness.

For what they did to her, they deserve it. They deserve everything that is coming to them. And even then, it still won't be enough. Death will never be enough to satisfy revenge against the men who tried to destroy her.

Stevie, one of the dancers and part-time Sheep, is helping me tonight. I hired her as the female entertainment, but I explained that who she'd be working for aren't people she needs to get too close to.

She understood without me having to explain further. As someone who knows what the club does - without actually knowing - she knows that these men aren't going to survive. She also knows I'll protect her and won't let her get into a dangerous situation.

I sit on the back of my bike in traffic, a couple cars behind the sleek black limo carrying the men to the Lotus.

I haven't seen their faces yet, which is good. Because if I had been there when they were picked up from the airport, they might not have gotten the chance to make it to the hotel.

My phone vibrates in my breast pocket but I ignore it, knowing it's probably Ash with more bad news concerning the Australians. That seems to be our new norm these days: wake up, get bad news, try to survive, go to sleep.