gathering darkness

*??? POV*

What a drag.  Why sensei having us meet some random person?  All he told us was that, with their help the Nomu with be enhanced like never before.

It didn't take long before the door to the run-down bar opened, and a figure in a trench coat entered.   His lurching movement irritated me.  I hope I could destroy him when this is over.

"So going to introduce yourself?" My irritation showing in my voice.

The cloaked figure didn't say anything, and dropped what looked like a glowing spider on to the counter.

"What's the big idea?" I was beyond irritated.  I had no time for foolish games.

"Marionettes don't talk.  I am who your suppose to meet" the glowing spider spoke.

"What's going on here?" I don't like surprises and I hate insects.

"While this is not my main body, I am phantom, and my master has sent me to offer your group a proposition" the arachnids said.

"Who is your master?"

"The emperor of the underwold Mundas.  His offer is to allow your group to harness the power of devils.  The only thing you have to do is find out if the bastard children of Sparda still breath."  Phantom stated.

I couldn't help but smile behind the hand on my face.  I never believed the legends of Sparda, yet here in front of me was a talking spider made out of fire and rock.  I begin to scratch at my neck thinking of ways to turn this all in my favor.

"Let's talk details"

*elsewhere*

"Boss Chisaki there is someone here to meet you" one of my men said in the doorway.

"What is it can't you see I'm busy trying to find a cure?"

"Yes well this guy said on top of your research, he can offer you strength to make sure everyone fears the yakuza again." The messenger spoke hastily knowing what happens if my patience wears thin.

"Fine let's make this quick.  Don't want to keep Eri waiting too long."

I was lead to one of the sound proof rooms we use for "meetings" in case things go sour.  Upon entering the man waiting was dressed like a priest carrying a book.  He also had a scar on the side of his head.

"I heard you had a way to make our projects progress faster?" I asked.

"Indeed.  Have you ever heard of the legends of the dark knight Sparda?"  The stranger spoke with a strange mannerism.

"Enough to not believe in fairy tales"

"Oh they are no fair tale.  They are all true.  So my first proposition is access to the power of devils"  this was asinine.

"We're done here.  Show our guest out"  before my man could move the stranger spoke up.

"I know your trying to find ways to erase quirks, but what if someone is immune to your so called cure?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The children of Sparda breath, and they side with humanity.  What I offer is a way to progress your cure, and aquire the power of devils to make everyone bow down to you." The man spoke with conviction.

"What's your name, and what's your method to speed us up?"  He had my interest at least.

"My name is Arkam and my method is quite simple really."  He walked to the door behind him and opened it.

"Mary honey can you come in here please" the man called in a little girl maybe a year or two older then Eri.  I had to smile under my mask at what Arkam was insinuating.

"Mr Arkam I think we'll be doing business for some time.  Now tell me how do we acquire the power of devils?"

Sorry for the short part just setting up for the next arcs.  Yes you heard me right arcs.  Also what sort of weapons from the entire DMC series were your favorite?