Chapter 3

*George Peterson*

          Later that night, I decided to inform the boys about Rachel and I.
''Guys, something amazing happened today. I asked Rachel out and she said yes'', I announced.
''I'm so happy for you bro'', Richmond said.
''She'll be mine soon. Every girl likes a bad guy'', Michael said to ruin my day.
''Would you for once shut up and be happy for me?'', I asked.
''Mike, leave Ray alone. You went to detention for burning the lawn just to get her attention'', Richmond tried to reason with him.
''No, chill. I just want to make it clear to you that Ray is my girlfriend and  I want you to respect that'', I begged him.
''That's fine'',he said and smirked. Oh no. Michael only smirked when he thought of something devious. He better not do anything stupid again.
         After eating with the guys and cleaning the dishes, I decided to call Rachel. Whenever I thought of her, I felt like I was in heaven. I checked for her activeness on whatsapp and asked if she would like to face time. She agreed and I called . Immediately I saw her, my jaw dropped. Rachel was wearing a red top and shorts of the same design. Her eyes were glowing more than they usually did and I knew it was because of me.
''Hey, close your mouth before a bug flies in'', she said and I laughed.
''Sorry, I couldn't help it. You're so beautiful'', I complimented her.
''Thanks...'', she took a pause to grab some chips.
''You watching a movie or something?", I asked.
''No but I feel like it. You know'', she said and winked at me.
''You're so funny baeb''
We both burst into laughter. We stopped laughing and there was silence between us. At that moment, I admired her beauty and those shiny white teeth of hers. She moved her finger through her hair and cleared her throat.
''So, when do you want us to go on our first date?'', I asked her.
''Anyday, anytime, anywhere'', Rachel replied.
''How about this Saturday?''
''Sure. Pick me up at nine''
''You got it''
''See you tomorrow then''
''Yeah. Goodnight dear'', I said and ended the call.
        The next day was Wacko Wednesday. On Wednesdays, all the students would prank each other. Michael always won the best pranks but I had a plan in mind. I got to school at eight while classes were in session. I had a class after breakfast so I had enough time to go through with my prank. A prank wasn't a prank unless someone saw it. I text-blasted the entire school to watch. Michael was seen walking to his locker. My prank was in progress. I tied a rope from the biology lap to his locker. Michael was so focused on his phone that he didn't notice the rope in front of me. He tripped and his phone fell to the ground. Everyone laughed. I took the remote control from my pocket for the main prank.
''Say cheese!'', I screamed.
''Cheese?''
I pressed the  button on the remote and a gallon of cheese came pouring on him. He realized that I issued the prank and we both laughed.
''Man, you're something else'', he said.
''Go wash up before you start to smell'', I told him and he left. I felt a tap at my back and turned to see Rachel.
''Hey, I saw the prank you pulled on Michael. It was awesome''
''Thanks dear. How is the most radiant girl in Cambridge doing today?'', I flirted with her
''As confident as you handsome'', she said.
She wrapped her hands around my neck and I grabbed her butt. She smiled as a sign of consent and we kissed. Our kiss was interrupted by a cough. Of course, it had to be Cleo.
''You both don't have to rub it in my face'', Cleo said.
''Look who's talking about love being rubbed in her face. You and I know that you have a crush on...'', I decided not to continue when I saw the look on her face.
''Zip it George!'', she cried out.
''Cleo it's okay. It was just a joke'',Ray said.
''Joke or not, I still hate that. Anyway, I'm starving''
''So after all that drama, you just wanted us to accompany you to the cafeteria?'', I asked.
''Duh! Drama is my middle name'', she scarcastically said.
''Alright, let us go'', Rachel said.
The three of us walked into the cafeteria. As soon as we took our seats, Michael walked in.
''There you guys are. The best couple on campus'', he said.
''What do you want?'', Rachel asked.
''I came with peace'', he looked sincere. Cleo brought us chicken nuggets and chips. Michael scooped a handful of chips right into his mouth.
''Hey!'', Cleo rebuked.
''Yeah shut up'', he said in between his munches
''That's not how to talk to a girl. Be nice'', I protested.

Say cheese😂.
It's no surprise Michael Powers doesn't know how to talk to ladies.