Chapter 6

*Rachel Wilson*

  I woke up feeling full of life. I felt so happy and I've had that feeling for three months. My relationship with George had grown so lovely. I would always wonder if it was a dream but Cleo would always remind me that it's reality. As I thought about what she said, Cleo walked into the room.

''Sup Ray?''

''Nothing much. Just going through my notes''

''Cool. I know you are busy but can you spare me some of your time?''

''Sure, go on''

''I've had something on my chest for a year now and only George knows about this. I hope I can trust you''

''Of course. You can tell me anything''

''I'm in love with Michael''
Someone please kill me now!

''Say what now? Mi...Michael? You have got to be kidding me''

''I know it's unbelievable but  it's true. He might be annoying sometimes...''

''Ugh, all the time''

''Whatever. I still love him but I don't know what to do. Ray, help me''

I was so lost, I didn't know what to say. Cleo and Michael? Michael was a pervert and Cleo was such a sweet girl. My thoughts were interrupted by Cleo.

''Hello, earth to Rachel?''

''I'm sorry. I just don't know what to say but I'll think about it''

''Thanks for listening. I'm gonna go grab some drinks. See you later''

''Okay bye''

I couldn't stop thinking about the talk with Cleo. I needed to talk to George.

''Babe?''

''Ray, sup?''

''Cleo told me about Michael''

''I know. I wish she comes back to her senses''

''I hope she does''

''I think Michael heard me''

''Doesn't he know?''. Just then, Michael came on the line.

''Don't I know what? I heard Cleo loves me. Intresting''

''What are you thinking of?''

He took a long pause before replying.

''Well, it's nothing. George, come take your phone. I have better things to do'', Michael said while laughing mischieviously.

''George, are you there?''

''I'm still here. He only laughs like that when he's got something in mind''

''Cleo better not be involved''

''Don't worry. Anyway, I'll see you later''

''Bye'', I said and cut the call.

What the hell is going on? First he claims to love me and now Cleo loves him. Am I jealous? No, I'm just worried about her. God please help Cleopatra to come back to her senses. I'm scared for her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

        The next morning was as pretty as every Saturday. Parents and wards came to visit their wards. Those like me whose parents could not make it received letters. I received a letter from home.  I sat on the bleaches to read it. I wished I didn't. It read;

Dear Rachel,

I hope you don't mind me writing to you. I heard you have a boyfriend now. It's not gossip cause I saw pictures of you both on IG...

By the looks of it, Clinton wrote the letter. Before I could continue reading, I felt the presence of someone. I raised my head and saw a middle-aged woman dressed quite shabby looking at the bulleting board. I walked over to her to see if she needed help.

''Ma'am, may I help you?'', I politely asked.

''Thank you dear. I'm looking for my son, Michael Powers''

''I know him but I don't know where he is now. I can give you the name of the fraternity house who lives in''. I gave her the name and she thanked me.

''Thank you so much. What's your name?''

''I'm Rachel ma'am''

''That's a lovely name. I better go now. Thanks once again''

''You're welcome''.

As she turned around, I couldn't help but to wonder if she was telling the truth. I wonder why Michael never mentioned his name. Could it be her appearance? I took once last glance at her as she walked away. I needed to go back to the dormitory then I got a call from Cleo.

''Rachel? Come back to our room right now. I've got some news''

''About what?''

''Just get your ass here''

''Okay, I'm coming''

What news is she talking about? I picked up my letter and started to walk back home.

Michael's aunt? Weird he never mentioned her to Rachel. What news does Cleo have?