0.5

I ended up walking with my brother all the way to the hall.

Standing outside, I could only gaze at how elegant it looks like.

I can only imagine how sly and cunning the people are in there… Oh wait, I'm gonna experience it now.

"Let's go." He said as I nodded, still holding onto his hand as I meekly walked behind him.

Acting like a little child as if my mentality was one, the doors swung open as the servants announce his arrival.

Completely forgetting about my existence which I wouldn't mind but my brother glared viciously at them because of that.

"Ah Yang Jian you are back." My father greeted out happily as my brother bowed slightly to pay his respects and so did I, but I was completely blocked by his back.

Only the people who are at the sides could see me as they stared at me with shock and disgust.

"Yang Jian… I heard you told Li'er to leave your room for a servant girl." A sultry sounding voice spoke up as I turned to see a the stepmother.

As expected, she had a sharp pointy chin along with a pair of cat eyes. She was soothing the FL as she was shedding some crocodile tears.

"Servant girl…?" My brother repeated the word with a dark aura. "She's my sister." He states, glaring at the both of them.

"Y-you, still lying!?" She exclaimed out, outraged by the fact that my brother glared at her.

"Enough. Yang Jian, how's your studies?" My father stopped the fight and asked him with a smile.

"Mn, it went well…" He replied back distantly, "I see…" My father replied back awkwardly, not knowing what to respond to his statement.

"May I speak to Yang Jian about that previous issue?" The stepmother asked with a polite smile, breaking the previous awkward atmosphere.

This time, my father frowned slightly but still nodded his head in slight defeat.

"Yang Jian… Maybe you love the servant and all but you should focus on Li'er and take her in as your legal wife… Than we shall forget about that maid." She spoke with a gentle smile.

My brother tensed up over her threat laced words as he said nothing.

Feeling bored, I tugged onto my brothers sleeve to get his attention as he turned around to attend to me.

"I-I'm bored brother…" I murmur out looking down like a sad child as his facial expression soften.

"It's alright, it'll be over really soon. Don't you wanna see father anyways?" He said.

"Mn." I nodded with a bright smile, "T-that's the girl!" FL suddenly screeched out but realised that she was in front of others as she quickly composed herself.

Yang Jian reacted to her screech and quickly hid me behind him.

"I mean… That was the servant girl." She pointed out shakily.

"Step out servant." My stepmother commanded with a stern voice.

I didn't budge at her statement, but I ended up burrowing my back into my brothers clothes like a kid caught doing something wrong.

"Gege, did I do something wrong?" I asked out sadly into his back as he stiffened up, "Definitely not. It's all their fault, don't worry." He responded calmly and loudly for the duo to hear.

"Step.Out. Or we'll punish you harsher than normal." My stepmother warned, not liking how my brother threatened her because of a 'lowly' maid.

Host her favourability towards you is -20