Chapter 1 - Who's That Girl?

Paul's P.O.V.

The year is 1964. As I'm going for my morning stroll, I noticed a vision that made my heart skip a beat. There's a girl sitting on her front porch. She looks like she's reading a book. She even looked very focused, so I wasn't sure if I should bother her.

I was about leave, but my heart tells me to talk to the girl. So I took a deep breath and finally plucked up the courage to talk to her. "Good morning, ma'am." I said. The girl looks up at the sound of my voice. "Can I help you, sir?" She asked in a harsh tone. "Not really. I just wanted to say hello." I said. "How nice for you." Said the girl.

What's her problem? She sounds as if she's uninterested in talking to me. "I'm..." Before I could introduce myself, the girl cuts me off. "Paul McCartney. Yeah, I know who you are." She said. "Um, is there something wrong?" I asked. "Look, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I'd like to be alone." The girl said. "My deepest apologies. Can I at least have your name before I go?" I asked. "Raven Adams." Said the girl.

Raven Adams. I shall always remember that name. "Okay, Raven, I'll be on my way now." I said. "Goodbye, Paul." Said Raven. "But, um, will I get to see you again?" I asked. "Maybe." Raven said. I shrug my shoulders. "I'll take it, I guess." I said.

As I continued on my walk, my mind wandered back to Raven. I noticed that she wears everything black. Black clothing, black shoes, black makeup, and black nail polish. I've never met anyone that always wears black. What are people that wear all black called? If I ever see Raven again, I'll ask her.

The only thing about Raven that's kinda gives me the chills is her attitude. Did I do something wrong? No, that can't be it. I just met her. One thing's for sure, there must be something that makes her act the way she does. If there's one song that comes to mind when I think of Raven, it's this one!

Oh dear, what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

She thinks of him and so she dresses in black
And though he'll never come back, she's dressed in black

Oh dear, what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

I think of her, but she thinks only of him
And though it's only a whim, she thinks of him

Oh how long will it take
Till she sees the mistake she has made?
Dear what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

Oh how long it will take
Till she sees the mistake she has made?
Dear what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

She thinks of him and so she dresses in black
And though he'll never come back, she's dressed in black

Oh dear, what can I do?
Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue
Tell me, oh what can I do?

I made it home by the time I reached the end of the song. I walked in the door and flopped onto my bed, landing flat on my back. My mind was racing with questions. Why does Raven wear all black? Why does she have a serious attitude? Why didn't she seem interested in talking to me when I was trying to make conversation? I guess all my questions will be answered at some point.

To take my mind off of things, I decided to put on one of my records. I was in the mood for some Chuck Berry, so I put on one of his records. I sat and listened while I picked up a book to read. One song on the record I'm listening always makes me wanna sing and dance, but I really don't feel like it today. So I just stayed seated while one of Mr. Berry's songs, Johnny B. Goode started playing.

Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play a guitar just like a-ringing a bell

Go go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Johnny B. Goode!

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track
Oh, the engineer would see him sittin' in the shade
Strummin' with the rhythm that the drivers made
The people passing by, they would stop and say
"Oh my, but that little country boy could play"

Go go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Go Johnny go!
Go
Johnny B. Goode!

His mother told him, "Someday you will be a man,
And you will be the leader of a big ol' band
Many people comin' from miles around
To hear you play your music when the sun go down
Maybe someday your name'll be in lights
Sayin' 'Johnny B. Goode tonight!'"

Go go
Go Johnny go!
Go go go Johnny go!
Go go go Johnny go!
Go go go Johnny go!
Go
Johnny B. Goode!

After the whole record ended a little while later, I was starting to feel sleepy. So I put everything away and got myself ready for bed. Once my head hit my pillow, my mind started racing again. Agh!! Turn off, brain! It took an hour for my mind to switch off, and I finally got the sleep I deserved.