Chapter 2 - Gothic Girl

Raven's P.O.V.

My mind kept wandering back to my encounter with Paul McCartney. I feel kinda bad for giving him attitude when all he wanted to do was get to know me. However, he doesn't know about my tragic backstory. When the time is right, I'll tell him about it. Getting back on track. It's a rainy day outside, but I was still in the mood to go for a walk. I put on my raincoat, boots and hat. Once I had everything on, I started walking out into the rain. At one point, I ran into Paul.

"Paul? What are you doing out here?" I asked. "I'm on my way to work. What are you doing out here?" Asked Paul. "Going for a walk." I said. "In this weather?" Paul asked. "I like the rain. Sunny days aren't really my thing." I said. "Aww! You're also getting soaked. Why don't you stand under my umbrella?" Asked Paul. "No!" I snapped. Paul's eyes widened. "Why not?" He asked. "I'm sorry, Paul. I never meant to snap at you, it's just that I don't mind getting wet." I said. "Oh. If you don't mind my asking, why do you wear black all the time?" Paul asked.

I was silent for a minute. Eventually, I spoke up. "There are many types of people in this world, and those who wear black all the time are called goths. I guess you can say I'm a Gothic girl." I said. "Wow! I've never met a goth before." Said Paul. "I also wear my sunglasses, even when it's not sunny. On hot days, I don't sweat, I simmer." I said. "Fascinating!" Paul said. "Not everyone accepts me for who I am." I said. "I don't mind that you're a goth, Raven." Said Paul. "Thank you, Paul. You'd be the first one to understand my personality." I said.

Before I could keep walking, Paul grabs my hand. "Wait! There's something else I have to tell you!" He said. "Make it quick." I said. "Um... I know we just met yesterday, but I'm in love with you, Raven." Paul said. My eyes widened. I know I'm in love with Paul as well, but I'm not ready to date. "I can't be with you, Paul. I'm sorry." I said. "What?! Why not?" Asked Paul as a sad expression appeared on his face. "It's a secret." I said. "Wait, you can't tell me why you don't love me in return?" Paul asked. "Now's not the time. I'm sorry, but I have to go." I said.

Paul called after me as I continued on my way. "Raven, wait! RAVEN!!!" He yelled. I ignored his pleas and kept walking.

Paul's P.O.V.

I can't believe it! I just told Raven I'm in love with her, but she just told me she can't be with me! What's going on here? Aside from that, she just revealed to me that she's a goth. So that's what people who wear all black are called, goths! Anyway, I continued on my way to work as I felt my mind wander in song.

You can see her
Whenever it rains
From Rome to New Orleans
Dancing on the graves
Burden by the heart
She loves her sunglasses after dark
And every single day her little life falls apart

She's out to look so macabre and alone
She's close to hook on her dying

Just like a gothic girl
Lost in the darken world
My lil' gothic girl
Darkerside jewel are your razor cuts for real baby

You can see
She's on her road to ruin
Stigmata from crucifixion
On her pale white skin
Tribal pagan art
She loves her tattooed Egyptian mark
And every single day her love will tear us apart

She's out to look so macabre and alone
She's close to hook on her dying

Just like a gothic girl
Lost in the darken world
My lil' gothic girl
Always so dramatic, Christ, I want you, gothic girl

Lost in the darken world
My lil' gothic girl
Darkerside jewel are your razor cuts for real baby

My lil' gothic girl
Lost in the darken world
My lil' gothic girl
Always so dramatic, Christ, I want you, gothic girl

Lost in the darken world
My lil' gothic girl
Darkerside jewel are your razor cuts for real baby

Shortly after my mind turned off, I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. They're falling down like a waterfall. Getting back to Raven, I really hope she tells me why she acts the way she does at some point. I won't be getting any sleep until I have my answer.

Here's the song that played in Paul's mind. It's called Gothic Girl by a group called The 69 Eyes. It may not be a 60's song, but I thought it was fitting for Raven. ~ Amanda