Chapter 28: Sorry

(Do you believe in life after love~

I forgot about so many things that I just remembered and it actually came back to bite me. Honey, This improv stuff is hard. I'm not gonna stop tho.)

She was still in her hotel room. She had a whole day before planning on going home. Tamaki and the Toyomitsu's went home earlier that morning. Ryuko and Shinya were staying at the Disney hotel for about another seven days while most guests took leave the night prior. The only girl near her age was Shinya's younger sister, Reiko. Reiko was sweet but really quiet. Why'd the Toyomitsu's have to take Mina and Momo?! Well, she understood Momo but why Mina?!

Nejire was going home with her mom when she came to pick her up the next day. She felt quite alone though. She would've gone to the park with Shinsou and Reiko but they were dating and she already felt like a loser just for asking Tamaki.

(Nejire's name is a reference to Deadpool btw.)

I Love You Sugar Bear: Yuyu I'm bored

The Chainsmokers: aren't you at Disney?

I Love You Sugar Bear: yeah

The Chainsmokers: what's wrong, you don't seem so crackheady.

Nejire took a deep breath before crying. She called Yuyu just for a bit of comfort. She never cried at her past rejections, this one hurt though. Was this what being a simp felt like?

"Hey hey, Sugar Bear, whats wrong?"

"He rejected me." Nejire sniffled, trying to calm herself. This must've been what Ryuko felt the day before. That choking feeling when your throat closes up and you wanna scream but you can't. All over a damn boy she had only known for a few months.

"Awww, Sugar Bear! It'll be ok! When you get back, we can all go to the mall, or buy you a bunch of vampire novel, or watch a movie."

"Thank you Yuyu." She huffed. They continued talking for a few moments before she hung up. She just thought of walking in front of that mirror and chopping off half of her hair. No, more than half. All the way to her chin! She was being so dramatic.

She held the scissors in her hand for a moment. Just a moment to think about it. It would certainly help in ballet. But it took her years to grow it out this long. It was a sign of maturing to cut her hair though. It would be wrong to cut her hair if she didn't mean it.

She gave it one last thought before, finally putting down the scissors. She had them in her bag because she always needed to trim her hair a bit. She had a few split ends and curls that she had cut the day before.

"You're being so silly." She murmured to herself. She got herself dressed ready to go to the park. She had enough money to buy breakfast or something there.

Did Tamaki have any social media? She wanted to see if he really had some girlfriend she didn't know about. It would at least made her feel better if she knew he didn't just reject her.

"Tamaki Amajiki"

Was this stalking him? She hoped not. That would've been quite weird.

Tamaki's accounts didn't show up. He didn't have any obviously. What he did have was a missing child case?! Said it happened four years prio-

Graduation night. Mirio said a friend of his went missing in eighth grade. She didn't say anything but she saw Mirio and Tamaki talking when they were out on a date...

She was trying to stop putting two and two together. No. No. No. No. No.

No.

He did not go missing. He did not just disappear four years ago. He must've been with his own family, living his life.

Is this what denial felt like? Jesus Christ.

How the hell was she- Was that why- Did she-

Was that why she was rejected? Because he didn't want her to get wrapped up in his mess? But he was fine with doing that to the Toyomitsu's? Momo, Eijirou, Taishiro?

Bubbly Idiot: Tamaki.

No answer.

He didn't know. He couldn't. She was being paranoid.

(I have been thinking of how she would find out that Mirio and Tamaki were friends, for several months and him rejecting her was perfect omg-)

Bubbly Idiot: Tamaki?

Tam tam: yes?

Instead of saying words, she sent him a screenshot of the articles about him.

Tamaki: wtf why did you search me up

Nejire: thats not important, what is this?

Tamaki: I didn't have the best home life so I ran away.

Nejire: and you didn't tell Mirio?

Tamaki: I didn't know how tell anyone. I'm sorry.

Nejire: honey, it's fine.

She wasn't mad, she was just confused. She wanted to know if this was why he didn't return her feelings.

Nejire: is this why you said no?

Tamaki thought about telling her. The reason he ran off was unknown but he was pretty important. His parents were investigated for child abuse and search parties were sent out. That was around the time he met Taishiro.

Tam Tam: yes.

Lies. He said he didn't tell her because he ran off and was afraid of getting her in any trouble. It didn't make much sense to him but if it did to her and kept her from questioning him any further, he'd lie. He wanted to keep her safe because he did like her too.

(Yo how tf did I write most of this in thirty minutes-)

Bubbly Idiot: sorry for getting mad. Sorry for getting into your personal life.

Tam tam: it's fine.

Bubbly Idiot: thanks for forgiving me.

It felt weird to talk about this over text. She didn't want to end up yelling and get complaint. Next time she saw Tamaki they'd have to talk more about it.

(Me not making sense for ten minutes.)

Nejire was still unsatisfied with her answer. Maybe she was salty about getting rejected, but she was still quite sad. She just slumped in a corner. She wasn't going home for a while and she had been to Disney a few times. She could go out a bit later. That conversation kinda ruined her already bad mood. Funny how seeing him yesterday made her feel butterflies and today talking to him made her feel sick.

(Drama that I didn't want to carry into another chapter. Still finna have Nejire cry to her friends.

Wait-

Wait. WAIT NO-

Y'all should be very scared of how I write. Especially cuz I have no idea what those no's mean. I'm just finna write what makes sense
✌🏽😚 (no I'm not.))