Caught In The Rain.

I awake to a painful spasm, travelling from my neck all the way to my lower back. My eyes open involuntarily and taking in my surroundings I realise what is causing the pain. I must have fallen asleep on the sofa, with my neck bent at an odd angle against its solid arm. The room starts to spin as I sit up slowly. Thinking back to the previous night I vaguely recall stumbling out of Ivan's car in a drunken stupor.

Moaning aloud, I plod over to the kitchen, grabbing some painkillers from the wooden cupboards. I swallow the pills in one gulp, hoping they will work relatively quickly.

Using the kitchen counter to support my weight I turn to face the clock with a bored expression that shifts rapidly when I realise the time. How is it that time already?! My class is due to start In twenty minutes. I will be so late.

Skipping breakfast I sling my backpack over my shoulder and shove my feet into a pair of black dolly shoes. I feel foul, not showering and wearing the same jeans I had the previous night, but I had no spare time available. Throwing on a suitable t-shirt, I make a beeline for the door.

I had been walking exactly five minutes when as if on cue the heavens open. And I'm not talking light rain here, no this downpour pelts down on my exposed skin, causing me to wince in pain. In my rush to leave this morning, I hadn't packed an umbrella and regretfully didn't pick up a coat before I left.

Well, this is a fantastic start to the day.

The curious vibrations course through my feet preceding an overpowering bass that aggravates my ears. Closely followed by a screech, of tires on tarmac as the car comes to a halt beside me on the road, an audacious steel grey Jaguar. From bumper to bumper the car is stunning. It's headlights shine intensely on the road ahead, making the car appear as much a wild animal as its name suggests. I grimace, staring at my mirror reflection on its polished exterior, resembling a drowned cat.

The window glides downwards painstakingly slowly, to reveal the owner sitting behind the wheel of the posh car. I should have guessed that the richest guy in town would drive such a flashy car. Yes I know, I shouldn't stereotype.

"Is Kitten getting all wet?" A smile tugs at Jacob's lips

I continue to observe him, and for the first time notice how well proportionate his features are, from his straight angular nose to his prominent cheekbones. Rough stubble lines his jaw and chin. He lets out a chuckle in response to my silence and I realise I'm staring. Again.

You'd think a girl would learn eh?

"Get in the car Kitten."

I shake myself from my fantasising at his orderly tone.

"No. Thank you" I reply curtly, "I'd rather hike through the rain then be in close proximity to you"

I begin walking again, feeling stupid, but praise myself for my witty response. He persists to crawl alongside me at a snail's pace.

"Look, Kitten," he speaks with an assertive tone. "I happen to know that you're late for your class. I also happen to know that my car would get us both to our destination much quicker, and drier, may I add."

Dammit. Swallowing my pride, I jog around to the opposite side of the car and slide into the passenger seat. I click my seat-belt into place, convincing myself I've only conceded because I'm running late.

"Now. That wasn't so hard was it." he beams next to me, a winning smile plastered on his face.

Narrowing my eyes, I smirk to myself as an idea forms in my head. Shaking my head from side to side like a wet dog causes water to fly in Jacobs direction, showering him in the process. That will teach him. His hands hold they're position firmly on the steering wheel, only tightening momentarily. I secretly smile to myself. Jacob glances over his left shoulder to meet my eyes, tilting his head down to peer over his shades at me. Something flickers in his piercing blue gaze as he bites down on his bottom lip.