⤞ prologue: ⤝

wooyoung's pov

"i can't do it" i gripe, pondering at the pathetic, clump of hardware i had unwittingly made when attempting to make a simple paper clip.

"woo, just try to focus a bit, i know it's hard but you can do it" my mom spoke in a moderately blasé tone.

i placed my hands at the underside of the circle i previously scribbled on the floor in chalk, once again trying to form a paper clip.

sparks danced around the room, mixes of red blue and yellow, neon lights filled the room and small screeching noise faintly being heard.

i closed my eyes, trying to protect them from the bright lights, once they stopped, i pulled back, kneeling in front of it, panting a little.

i felt arms engulf me, "woo! you did it! i'm so proud of you!" she shouted excitedly, her previous annoyed tone now being completely lost.

i opened my eyes to see the small neatly bent piece of metal i apparently made, to see three of them lying on the floor, the lump of metal from before being not where to be found.

i started practicing alchemy later than most people, most people start anywhere from 7-11 but i started very recently, a couple days after i turned 14. the day after my dad left.

he was an alchemist, one of the best i've ever known, but like i said. he's gone now, he said he would be back but it's been a few weeks, me and my brother are starting the lose hope but my mom remains in the constant daydream that he will return.

with everything going on though, i can't help but feel bad for kyungmin, he's way too young to know what's happening, that's assuming that mine and jaehyun's thoughts are correct and that he won't return.

i'll never forgive my dad for leaving my mother to take care of me and kyungmin, but i can't hate him. no matter what he's done he's still my dad.

but, that was 4 years ago, and my dad still hasn't returned.

i COMPLETELY lost all sense of motivation for my other stories so in the meantime i'm uploading this one since i've already wrote all the chapters  😔👉👈 

also i have to go back to school next week, how tf do i explain to my mom that i refuse to go back to school cuz i'm british and everyone there is a S L A G bitches at my school rlly said "i'm 🙋‍♀️a manchester🤬🤜girl👩don't🙅‍♀️🚫 hate me 💁‍♀️ur ex 🙆‍♀️🤚 said💬 that he wanna date me 😳👏"