Chapter 3: USJ

After a while, I successfully settled into my job at UA. I didn't have the strongest relationship with most of the staff, except for Nemuri and Recovery Girl, of course. I rarely crossed paths with the teachers; being the nurse as opposed to a regular teacher kept me at an arms distance.

       Life went by; work was work. Recovery Girl and I developed quite a bond with the boy that had come in on the very first day, Midoriya. He had been in and out of the office nearly as much as we had.

       "What are you doing?" I asked Recovery Girl.

       "Oh, preparing a bed for Midoriya. He'll be here eventually," she explained as she smoothed down a quilt.

       "What else is new?" I asked. "Wait, what are they doing that you're already prepping a bed?"

       "Oh, today Class 1-A is going to the USJ to practice rescues, dear," she informed me. "I'll bet that Midoriya is going to push himself too far again. I'll kill that All Might, I swear," the petite woman muttered.

      "Universal Studios Japan? For hero training?"

      "What? Oh no, dear, it's a UA training facility."

       The office was dead silent the entire morning. There were 136 ceiling tiles in the office, in case you were wondering. I counted them. 4 times. Recovery Girl sat knitting as I twiddled my thumbs.

       The phone began to ring.

      "Recovery Girl speaking," the soft woman answered. He face dropped instantly.

      "Oh my goodness, do you need us to come to you? What- oh, we'll be ready! Please, if you need us, just- yes of course!"

       She slammed down the pink-painted landline.

       "There was a villain attack on the students. Apparently most of them are okay but Mr Aizawa and Thirteen are in critical condition. They're being brought here. Quickly, quickly, set up another bed! I need to get the supplies together!"

         A villain attack on UA? That was simply impossible. UA indisputably had the best security system in all of Japan- villains could never!

        I rushed as I smoothed out a sheet onto our second cot. I could barely get the sheet on. My hands refused to work. As I went to place another pillow, I knocked a jar of cotton swabs over with my hip. My shaking hands could barely grasp the small sticks. For each I tried to pick up, I dropped another.

        "Y/n, there's no time for nerves!" Recovery Girl reminded me. "They're coming!"

        The phone rang again. Recovery Girl lunged for it.

       "Recovery Girl speaking,"

       She looked up at me in panic. "Make that four beds,"

       I shuffled to prepare yet another. My heartbeat raged in my ears, and I honestly had no clue what I was doing; I was just following my body. My head wasn't processing my actions. Everything was just a blur.

       "We've got Thirteen and Aizawa!" Recovery girl yelled. I turned around to see both of them being hauled in on stretchers.

       Thirteen's Helmet was nearly decayed, and...

      Inside was black?

       I nearly fainted.

      "Y/n, she doesn't have much of a body because of her quirk, but I'll handle her. You work with Aizawa, he is less critical," she ordered. I nodded.

       His face was covered and blood and his elbow- or rather, his arm,  was disintegrated. He moaned as he was lifted from the stretcher to the bed.

       "The students..." he groaned. His voice was strained and haunting.