Chapter 2

It took 30 minutes to get to the office. I park Susan at my personal parking space.

The sign above the double doors read "MILLER'S GROUP OF COMPANY" in golden block letters. The company was founded by Sir Lucas Miller, the former CEO. The company deals with different chains of hotels all over the place country. Like literally, their hotels are A-class. The current CEO, Julian Wes Millier, I don't really know much about him. He took over the company at the of 18 due to the death of his father. He works at the Head quarters in Manhattan.

I greet the security guards at the door. Nicole sat at the front desk with her hair tied neatly in a tight ponytail and red lipstick applied to her pouty lips.
She looked my way and smiled

"Hey Grace, how was ur weekend?"she asked

"It was awesome. Yours?"

She forwned at me knowing what I meant" When will you stop this your way of life and settle down"

"Ugh!!! ain't you tired of lecturing me on the same thing over and over again. I love my freedom, when the time comes, I'll down."

She gave the look this topic isn't over  "Okay, I'll let you go for now"

"Anyways how was your weekend with Chris" Chris is her boyfriend of 3 years. We all usually hangout together. They are pretty serious. They met in college, at a college party she escorted me to.

"It was amazing. Chris took me to this fancy restaurant for our anniversary dinner and proposed"

I squealed "O my gosh, that is so sweet. You guys are like serious couple goals. I'm so happy for you. Anyways, I have to get going, I have a lot calculations and paperwork to do. Why don't we go out for lunch, my treat"

"As long as it's your treat, I don't mind"

"I knew it. You are only friends with me for my money. I need to make more friends"

"See this one, who can handle you"

I roll my eyes"Haha, your so funny. Bye text you later"

"Bye"

I smile. Nicole has been my friend since college days. She is the BEST in BESTFRIEND. She is awesome, keeps me level headed, she is like a sister I never had. We are thick as thieves, never see one without the other. She studied accounting. We actually met at one of the courses we normally had together. I sat beside her and from there we took it off.

I enter the elevator and press the 3rd floor. Our office is just a branch of the company so the building is not all that big.

I enter my office and groan at the amount of files waiting on my desk. I'm currently working on a project to present to the board on building a hotel in an African country, precisely Nigeria.

Aghhhhh. Time to get to work.