Chapter 1- Questions

(Frisk P.O.V)

You lie in bed in the dead of night as you once again hear the familiar sound of Sans opening up the pantry door. 

Before Sans' little 'outings' every night he always brings some random snacks with him, its weird to say the least, you never knew Sans liked them and why were there so much? Was he bringing things for other people? Who were these people? Were they for him? Where was he even going-

He left again.

Sighing  you turn in your bed to face the wall. So many questions and not enough answers. 

This has been going on for weeks now. You stay up till midnight just so you can hear Sans rummage through the pantry, then leave. Then to wake up when he comes back a few hours later.

You've tried asking him but he always deflects or makes up a random excuse. 

"Ha...its just like him..." you say softly as you once again turn in your bed.

This never happened in any resets before so you didn't know why he was doing this.

Come to think of it you don't know why he does the things he does. You try thinking of anything, anything, you've learned about Sans in all of your resets but couldn't think of anything that would explain why he's leaving the house so often. You can't even think of why-

Wait.

You don't know.

You don't know anything about him.

Quickly you sit up in bed, your mind racing for something that you've learned about Sans that wasn't already told to you.

Nothing.

You don't know anything about him before the resets.

Sure, you've tried asking Papyrus about their past but he always says the same set of answers, either something along the lines of 'Sans doesn't like to talk about it' or 'that he doesn't remember anything'. The most he's ever told you was that Sans raised him. But that just brings up even more questions.

You bury your face in your hands to try and get yourself together.

So many unanswered questions buzzing in your head was staring to give you a headache, or maybe it was the lack of sleep. Either way you flop back down on your bed and stare at your clock. A few minutes passed with a gaze staring intently at the bright red numbers trying to think of an idea.

You get out of bed and clamber through your desk trying to not make any noise. You couldn't find what your looking for so your about to head back to bed but then-

"Aha!" you say a little to loudly.

You quickly put a hand over mouth and look around to try and hear if anyone heard, you were met with silence.

Tiptoeing back to your bed you sit down and open what you were looking for.

It was a notebook given to you as a random present from Alphys, it had a cute and colorful design on the front with a clasp and a pen with a big glittery pom pom on the top.

Perfect.

You tear it open to the first page not even stopping to look at the cute designs on every corner, and begin quickly writing down the questions that you thought of into a somewhat neat list but left some lines under each, for room to write notes.

When you were finished you stopped and admired the fact that they were still legible, given how fast you wrote them. Satisfied you close the book making sure to use the clasp and tossed it into a drawer in your nightstand. 

You once again flop into your bed laying on your side burying half of your face into the pillow and close your eyes.

Sleep came easy with that fact that you were going to get to the bottom of this and help your friend.

Because

You

Are

Determined

____________________________________________________________

Thanks so much for reading!

This is my first time writing a fan fiction so I could use all of the advice I could get :D

(Dunno when the next part will come out- which will be where sans goes when he leaves, maybe right after this one or tomorrow not that anyones gonna be waiting since i'm a tiny account lol) ((But maybe that can change :O))

And yes I drew the cover all by myself and I'm very proud of it XD 

Comments inspire!! <3