Chapter 23- The Drawing

(Sans P.O.V)

Time seems to freeze as you just stare.

T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶.

"Wait what- let me see!" Undyne says, jogging over to Alphys.

She grabs the paper and hold it close to her face, looking at it closely.

You just look down.

Why is it here.

It can't.

"Alph's right!! It does look like you Pap!" she turns the paper sideways "Just uhh, mini you."

Papyrus races up to them and peers over her shoulder, "It very much looks like me! But why is a drawing of me here?"

"And who's that?"

You clutch the old papers you found in the box you and Paps were looking in

You clutch the old papers you found in the box you and Paps were looking in. In a few seconds you'll wake up and realize that this was all a dream, because the picture can't be here. 

You made sure of it.

"Holy h*ll- is that a human??"

"Wait let me see!" Frisk says, poking her head trying to see the drawing.

When Undyne brings the drawing into Frisk's view their face is one of bewilderment. You watch silently from your own view from the floor, faking to be rummaging through the box.

"You knew one of the fallen humans Papyrus??"

"What- no I-"

You saw how Toriel flinched when she heard about them, and how she rushed over.

"Undyne-"

"You knew the other kids right? The ones who fell? Who's this?"

"Undyne please." she said sternly, but she had a guilty undertone.

Undyne paused, but still asked "Its a drawing of a random human and Papyrus, it's kinda important."

Toriel sighs then looks at the drawing sadly, but then passes it back, "I'm afraid I do not recognize them, and I...I remember all of the humans that fell down here."

Speaking of them, they've been quiet lately.

"AY SANS!" Undyne yelled, a little too loudly in your opinion but you still didn't look her way and just made a questioning noise, even when you already knew what she was gonna say.

She walks over to you and asks, "Who is this?? Why is a human in this?? And why is Papyrus in this?!"

"Dunno"

"Wh- you didn't even look at it!!"

"Sure I did, and I said, I don't know who that is."

"Whats a drawing of papyrus and a human doing in" she makes a gesture showing off the entire room, "here??"

"Undyne it could just be a coincidence, we don't know-"

"Its fine Paps, she probably just finds it 'sketchy'."

She groaned and said, "Really?! Now you're gonna say puns?! This is important, you can't just shrug off everything-"

You stand up and look Undyne in her eye, "I don't know what you want me to tell you Undyne, the labs a place of mysteries yeah? You've found some wacky stuff here, what makes this any different?"

"Cause none of the stuff has anything to do with us thats why!! And now Alph found some old drawing with Papyrus in it! With a human no one knows of!"

You look and her and say, "And why do you think I'd know?"

"Cause your his older brother! You raised him, and I'd hope you'd remember if a human popped into his life!!"

"Well I dont. I'm not really 'drawn' to an answer here, so lets just end whatever this interrogation thing is and call if a 'draw' yeah?"

She stares at you for a moment before you groans, throws the drawing at your chest.

"This isn't over!!" She turns back around to you and Papyrus, and jabs a finger at the both of you, "Im gonna be watching you skeleton brothers!"

"I uh- found a box w-with a lot of files if y-you wanna? check it out?"

"NGAHHHH" she races over to the box that Alphys oh so thankfully pointed out, with a nervously laughing Papyrus in tow.

You look at the drawing blankly.

Instead of ripping it into shreds, you laugh. 

It's a nice drawing.

You walk over to the backpack placed up against the wall against the door, and carefully put it in. You sit there, half crouched on the floor, you push up against you knees and stand up. You look at the now closed backpack.

You think of the drawing,

The machine.

The labs.

You think of him.

____________________________________________________________

Diversion, huh.

So tHaTs how he's gonna get outta this.

But aHaHhaHAha I'm evil so who knows ;3

It was hard making the drawing cause alot of times they make kids draw stick figures and whatnot, but I like to think that kids can draw at least a little better than that :'DD

Its Gaster's part now woo ^w^

Also- I know the confrontation thingy was kinda iffy, but it was just a lot of frustration, curiosity, and just Undyne-y ness, that made Sans able to get out of explaining that XDD

But the poor skele is having the worse inner panic moment ever :'D

I hope you liked the chapter uwu