Chapter 28- Papyrus

(??? P.O.V)

The two of you stood there with your hands still outwards, they were once shaking the other's, but now they were just hanging there awkwardly.

You coughed, which allowed you to release the both of you from the awkward grip, to instead muffle your cough with a fist.

Papyrus stood there, arms behind his back, and he was rocking back and forth on his heels, uncaring for the awkward aura.

Well, the skeleton equivalent of heels anyway.

Thinking back on something Gaster said earlier you ask, "Are you..uh..."

Yeah, there is no 'un-awkward' way of asking this.

I mean, it isn't thaaat weird, but why on earth you'd be asking this, out of anything past you could've chose is beyond you.

Your focus snaps back when you realize that Papyrus is now standing and looking at you confused, waiting for you to finish.

"Oh right-uhh, are you Gaster's son?" you ask, your voice filled with uncertainty.

Papyrus' face blanked for a moment, and now your thinking, oh snap, why did you do that, you look like a fool-

He looked deep in thought, before he smiled and chirped "Oh you mean my daddy?"

Yes of course, why would a child refer to their dad by their first name? 

If past you who asked that question couldn't tell, that was sarcasm.

"Yeah, talked with him for bit when I woke up."

Somehow, his smile managed to get brighter as he said, "I hope he made a good first impression!! First impressions are very important, cause you gotta remember them!!"

You chucked, "Oh yeah he did don't worry"

You don't know if you'd ever forget anything about this day.

Papyrus squealed at the fact that his father made a good first impression, and he clasped his two hands together and said, "Yay!! He's been really really sad lately though! And was reallyyyy busy too!"

The young childlike way Papyrus spoke was like a twist to the soul, if you could actually feel that part of your chest, or even your soul for that matter. You pushed your feelings into a mental bin, and tossed said mental bin into a mental fire. Hoping that it would somehow will away the tightness in your throat.

"Gaster seems like a busy man, saw how he wore a lab coat, he a scientist?"

His eyes lit up, "He's the bestest scientist!!"

You innerly chuckled fondly at his childlike innocence, the way his eyes lit up and how quick he was to compliment him reminded you of well..you. 

Past you anyways.

Before things went...'bad'.

You laughed, it probably sounded a bit 'off' to most people, but Papyrus, thankfully, didn't seem to mind.

"We found you! You fell out of this biiiig tree in the forest and into the snow! And me and daddy brought you here!" 

He looked off to the side nervously as he shuffled between his feet "He said you were hurt real bad though.." he looked back at you, nervous expression gone as he continued, "I've fallen outta a ton of trees before! But daddy always helps me, and he made you better too!!"

You smiled, "Yup, your dad made me feel a lot better"

"You were asleep for a loooong time!" as he spoke, in some sort of comedic and dramatic matter, he spread out his arms, trying to demonstrate just how long he was out.

You laughed at his childlike antics once again, although you do wonder how long is a 'loooong time' in Papyrus' standards.

"How long was I asleep?"

You were expecting around 8 hours at most, patience isn't something most kids have, and a few hours can feel like a lifetime.

"About a week!!"

Whatever you were about to say was cut off with his very much, unexpected answer.

"A week?" you nervously parrot back to him.

He nods his head excitedly, "But if it makes you feel better I said about a week!"

You clear your throat a few times to hopefully stifile the awkward laughter that bubbles up.

"Oh uh, haha, wow, guess I'm a really lazy bones huh?"

He looked at you confused for a few seconds, "Ohhhh!! I get it now!"

"Haha yeah cause your all bones"

Papyrus giggled as he poked you cheek,"But you're all squishy!"

Humans do tend to be squishy.

____________________________________________________________

This chapter is a bit short, sorry bout that!!

Next chapter should be up later today, cause i need a distraction from after the exam ;w;

Paps doesn't seem to mind his appearance :D

Papy, I love you to bits :>

And wow, he was 'asleep' a lot longer than he thought he was ;D