Chapter 17: This time, I will be here

It was already morning and Grace was awakened when she heard someone rustling. She opened her eyes and saw her husband getting clothes from their luggage.

"Good morning. Where were you last night?", Without looking at his wife, Harry spoke

"Huh?"

"You. Last night. Where were you?"

"I was with Tharn"

"Tharn? He doesn't even open his room and now you're telling me, you were with him?", Grace could hint a sarcastic tone in his voice

"Unlike you, I talk to him and not ignore him"

"What's that supposed to mean?", Now, Harry is facing his wife with his hands on his hips

"Talk to our son"

"Not until he has come to his senses. I'm sure this is Mew's doing. He did not bring anything but chaos and now he's bringing Tharn with him. Such a disappointment as ever.", Harry shaked his head, "Why don't you come with me and gather Tharn's belongings? The sooner he gets out from there, the better. We don't any Mew's influences on him."

Grace was silent because of what her husband said. She did not believe that it could come out of his mouth. All this time, she was scared and did not want to cause any ruckus between them but now she can take it no more. "No!"

"What?"

"Just leave him. What's it to you that they're together, talking, being brothers as they should? Mew has every right to be with his brother"

"Don't you ever utter that name in my presence. He is no longer part of our family and will never be. He is a black sheep and will remain that way"

"You're crazy. How can you say that to your own son?"

"He is not my son!"

"Well, he's MINE. And I will not let you talk like that to Mew anymore. What kind of parent are you saying things like that? Have you not learned your lesson? Do you even know what Mew had to go through?", Grace stood up and sternly looked at her husband, "Do not ever talk to me again or even show your face if you will not change that attitude of yours." Grace could not take it anymore and burst out.

She stood up and ran up to Tharn's room. She knocked on the door and it was opened, "Mom?"

"Let's go to the hospital. I had a fight with your father. I don't want to see him for a while", Grace looked trouble and obviously was in a bad mood.

Tharn was worried about his mother because it was the first time that he ever heard that they fight. He wanted to ask further but he's not dumb to do that. He stayed silent, hurriedly took his things and dragged her mom out of the hotel. He called Lala that they are on their way with his mother being silent all throughout all the way to the hospital. When they got there, Grace immediately went beside Gulf, who was sitting on the bed watching Mew sleep. Gulf smiled at her before walking towards Tharn, still standing by the door.

"Is something wrong with Khun Mae?"

"She had a fight with dad. It's the first time so I don't know what to do"

"Just give her time for now", Gulf patted me on the shoulder and smiled.

Right then and there, the door opened and revealed Type with food. "Type, you're here", Tharn exclaimed.

"Hhhmm, I came to visit. How are you?", Type smiled sweetly to Tharn to which it was seconded

"I'm fine, I guess. It's good to see you"

*******************************

"Honey, you're finally awake"

The three of them heard Grace that it caught their attention. They looked and saw Mew, the same condition as before, he had no expression, silent and was looking at nothing. "I hope you had a good night sleep. Do you want to eat?", Grace gently talked to her son while caressing his hair but Mew didn't bother to answer.

"Who's that?", Type whispered to Tharn who faced him and smile. "That's our mother"

"Your mother? Gulf told me last night but she seemed young", Type gazed at Grace with astonishment

"That's it?", Tharn had a different perception on how Type would react

"What can I do? She apologized, right? I'm sure she's sincere about it. I may be a little mad but it doesn't matter. I'm just your friend. Whatever my opinions are none of your business."

Type walked towards Grace and introduced himself. He passed the food to her to which Grace started to prepare it. She began to feed Mew and as usual, he was only silent, looking at nothing, only opening his mouth when the spoon is felt on his lips and slowly eating the food. They were all equally worried for Mew's condition because obviously this is not normal. Mew has not paid attention to any of them ever since he woke up and never spoke plus he didn't shown any expression.

"Gulf, how was his examination? Did the Doctor say anything?"

Right then and there, there was a knock on the door and a voice saying, "This is Dr. Tong. I'm coming in"

Both Gulf and Tharn walked towards Grace and stayed behind her while Dr. Tong was across them.

"Doctor. What's wrong with my son?", Grace didn't wait anymore and asked him right away

"Well, For Mew's condition. We can say that this is because of too much shock, and because he didn't want to be hurt, his brain made another world in his head where he is maybe alone, where no one can hurt him. Because of this, he blocked the real world and is not conscious, hence, his condition right now", Dr. Tong pointed to Mew, who didn't move an inch

"But he will be better, right? He can go back to the way he is?", Grace asked as she got more worried than ever for her son

"He can and I will try to help but that will be entirely up to Mew, Mrs. Suppasit. We do not know how long he wants to be in the world he made", Dr. Tong explained and smiled at her to encourage her to be more brave and have faith for Mew

"Please, just do anything you can to help my son", Grace pleaded to the doctor and was already close to crying

"I will do anything in my power to help my patients, Ma'am and that includes Mew", Dr. Tong reassured to the pleading woman in front of him, "Well then, Mew can be discharged already tomorrow, but he will have to see me every week. I also encourage you to always talk to Mew, that will also help. Gulf, you already know where my office is so can I entrust you to that?"

"Yes, of course"

"Then, I'll be off"

The doctor said his goodbyes leaving them in a daze. Grace then gripped Mew's hand with her right hand and caressed his hair with her left hand, "You're going to be okay. This time, I'm going to be here for you. My baby, Mew". Despite the lack of reaction, Grace still hugged her son tight, wanting to let him know that she wasn't going anywhere.