Apparition Three: Disappearing Things

"Where do the things that everyone has forgotten go to? Do they simply disappear?"

"No, they remain near us, even as we speak."

"Have you heard of this rumor?"

Fairy-san... also known as Yousei-san..

Meanwhile, in the girls' bathroom on the third floor of the old building..

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san.. Can I please go home now?"--Amane said with a lazy groan as his hand grip the mop handle.

"Nope!"--Hanako said playfully

"Why?"--Amane said

 "Because, I've got an important job for you when you're done. So hurry up."--Hanako said 

Amane sigh as he resume mopping the floor.

"How did I end up cleaning bathrooms again? Oh, right.. I became an Apparition's assistant."--Amane thought

~~~

Amane's P.O.V

Hanako-san said that, "I was just thinking I wanted a human assistant." And, a week later, I was..

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san.. Can I please go home now?"-- I said with a groan as my left hand grip the mop handle while the other wipe the bead of sweat off of my forehead.

..being forced to clean bathrooms.

"Nope! No can do,  Amane-kun!"--Hanako-san said playfully while her hands form a cross; and her lips turn into a teasing smile.

I inwardly whine. She's messing with me.

"Why?"-- I ask the female apparition, who is apparently "helping" me by using another mop as a baton and acting like a majorette dancer in a parade. Yeah, like that really helps.

"Because, I've got an important job for you once you're done. So hurry up and finish cleaning."--Hanako-san said, as she twirl the mop she's holding before blowing a whistle which she got from God knows where.

Ugh. I sigh as I turn away from her before resuming back to my mopping duties. How did I end up cleaning bathrooms again? Oh, right.. I became an Apparition's assistant. My arms felt sore from repeatedly mopping the floor; which to me is a waste of time. The floor and stalls in the girls' bathroom were just full of dust and cobwebs; maybe a little trash here and there, so they didn't require a lot of cleaning. I simply used a little bit of soap, bleach and water; and the bathroom became spotless in no time. 

This is the old building, and with the rumors going on about it being haunted along with the school's administration deeming it unsafe for students, it's basically abandoned. As far as I know, no one uses the bathrooms here anymore. 

So why should I clean the girls' bathroom every other day, when there's no one else besides an Apparition using it as a base?!

I want to bang my head against the wall. What did I get myself into?

"Hey, Amane-kun. Why do you want to go home so early, anyway?"--I heard Hanako-san said, and realized that I spaced out.

"Well, I promised a friend that I'd go to the Arcade with him today after school, until a certain Apparition summoned me to clean the girls' bathroom."-- I said, almost tempted to cross my arms to further emphasize my point. 

A laugh escape the said Apparition's lips which made mine twitch in annoyance. She's definitely messing with me. Soon, I felt Hanako-san wrapping her arms around me, and whispering in my ear in a low voice.