Chapter 5

Roni's POV

"Screw you and your excuses!"

Looking directly to my former team mates,  without faking any emotions, many annoying eyes started to spectate the scene, as I found myself thrown on the shiny floor of the basketball court.

That hurt.

No, my physical body didn't feel it, but my heart did. Getting pushed by the persons you once called friends and sisters poked my heart with a needle. For sure, their next words would issue more pain.

"Back off, Veron. Akala mo gano'n lang kadali makabalik sa team? Ha!"

It might seem that they're not making any sense to ordinary and unsporty people, that this is just a kid's act, but I still understand them. I left them in my ninth grade, where I got to be the captain even with that age, and when everyone was betting on me, I failed to meet those expectations.

"Kung ayaw mo magkasakitan tayo, please lang, iwanan mo na 'tong gym na 'to."

I raised my head to look to the audience stage up. There, Ed and Vales were wearing the faces of worry above. It made me grin in mind, so I chose to wink at them. Surprise was their response.

"Anak ng! Ano 'yang pakindat-kindat na 'yan, ha? Veron naman!" 

While still sitting disgustingly in front of these red mad people, I let out a sigh and laid my back to the floor, completely lying down. I even shoved my hands beneath my head. "Ugh, really? Galit pa rin kayo?" 

"Anong ginagawa mo?" 

The eyes of mine were just gazing to the multitudunous LED lights the gym owns. I missed this. I used to do this everyday, three years ago, gasping breath after practices.

"Tsk, sino ba kasing nanulak sa kaniya?" Dorothy's voice sounded clearer as I felt her approaching me. 

Looking up to her, she posed a hand that she's expecting me to grab so I could stand, but I just watched the strings of her patience leisurely snap one by one when I didn't even try to lift up an arm.

"Come on, get up already. Bati-bati na tayo. Wala ng mag-aaway," she let out a smile. 

Since my ass is convinced, I finally reached her hand to grab. 

"OUCH!" 

I felt the pressured agony of my hips as it bumped against the floor, for the second time. I didn't expect Dorothy's action of letting go of my hand when I just trusted her to help me stand up. Binitawan niya 'ko habang hinihila 'yong kamay ko. Gan'to na ba talaga? Gan'to na kayo kasama? 

Not minding the girls' giggles, my eyes leered directly to Dorothy, showing her that I didn't like what she did. That she's gonna regret it absolutely, sooner.

In dismay, I helped myself pick up itself. And let my height outshadow them, looking down on their petrified small bodies. 

"Sino 'yong mga baguhan rito?" The shouted question echoed freely in the gym, making everyone lift their heads up, even the boys from the other court stopped dribbling their balls. 

When I got satisfied to the attention my big mouth gathered, I continued, "Watch me do this to your seniors." 

A crispy sound of my slap to Dorothy made the rookies and freshmen wheezed their breaths in. Then they completely covered their lips in muteness when I slapped the other girls who had ovaries of shouting at me a while ago.

Ahh, how I love this sight-- their hands on their swollen cheeks.

Their groans of discomfort registered as music to my ears. "Ano? Natauhan na ba kayo?"