𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

BRUTAL
chapter eight

BRUTALchapter eight

stupid party

ADRIAN WAS GRABBED BY THE SHOULDER WHEN HE SAT DOWN ON THE STAIRS JUST OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL, CAUSING HIM TO JUMP. He didn't mean to, but he looked up, revealing his face to the boy behind him.

"Holy shit. Are you okay?" Mike sat down next to him, getting a better look at his face. "I'm fine." He didn't notice the three other people behind him. "What's wrong?"

Max walked in front of him, inspecting him as well. Her jaw dropped and she gently grabbed his chin, holding it up so he could inspect it.

"We should get you to a nurse," Max suggested.

"Guys. I said I'm fine!" He shouted at them, his voice deeper than they expected. He pulled his knees up to his chest and laid his head down, his brown hair blowing in the wind.

Mike sighed from beside him but got up and walked away. Trying to reach the Byers on the school phone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Max asked, her eyebrows scrunched together. "Yeah. It was just some kids wanting to let all their anger out. It didn't even hurt." Adrian lied, a small smile on his face.

Max bit her lip and gave Lucas and Dustin a look. The two boys shrugged and the redhead sighed, deciding not to push it.

"Anything?" Lucas asked, causing Adrian to turn to see Mike running back over. "We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Adrian was grabbed by his hand and pulled up.

Adrian furrowed his eyebrows at Mike, who was still holding onto his hand. He yanked his hand away and waited for Max to get up. "Party members only." Adrian scoffed and backed down the steps, falling back into a seated position.

"Come on, Mike." Dustin tried to reason. "No! This is non-negotiable." Mike three at him.

Dustin and Lucas both turned to Max and Adrian, sympathetic looks on their faces. "Sorry, Max and Adrian."

"Sorry."

Max scoffed and sat back down, her skateboard leaning up against her knees.

"Ridiculous," Adrian spoke bitterly. "I know." Max leaned her head against her hand, her cheek squished.

"Wanna come with? I heard that they're selling chips at the cafeteria." Max smiled and nodded. Adrian stuck his hand out and helped the girl up, the two of them walking side by side to the cafeteria.