Chapter Twenty-Two: A Family Dilemma (last chapter not finished)

~Olivia's POV~

I'm pacing the floor, head so lost in thought that I didn't notice Spencer leaning against the doorframe of the conference room with a cup of coffee. He looked amused and concerned at the state that this case had put me in. 

"Via," He finally spoke after watching me for a couple of minutes.

I jump at the sudden noise before lazily walking over to Spence and sinking into his arms. I'm instantly relieved by just holding onto something, nuzzling my head deeper into his chest. We're the only team members here at the moment, JJ, Morgan, Hotch, and Prentiss went out chasing leads all day while I stayed here with Spencer and Rossi for interviews and examining the new information from the tip hotline or interrogation.

Rossi had stepped out to get dinner for the team after we finished questioning Jasmine Dunn, Jamie's little sister. That's why she had been so upset this morning, Jasmine was supposed to go out with her to the casino but after work kept her from going, instead of Jasmine staying at home as Jamie told her, she went alone. When Jasmine was done being asked about the night by both us and LVMPD we heard the beginning of quite the scolding from Jamie as they walked to the car.

Jasmine hadn't given us anything the profile hasn't already given us but it still had given us confirmation. She didn't have a clear physical description other than male, late 30s-early 40s, slightly bigger build, strong and clean movements.

'The moves were methodical, even when he was tearing that poor man to shreds'

Her exact words,

I've seen some shit on this job but looking at that crime scene almost made me sick, I don't know how I would react if I had to actually watch it take place.

And that's what I've been thinking about for the past half hour, how it must have felt to watch it happen. Wanting to look away but knowing that what you were watching was incredibly helpful witness material that would help put him away.

But you would have to hear the scream and the sounds of the gashes being made, the glass shattering, all the while trying to call 911 and stay quiet, stay undetected by this person absolutely butchering another human.

I was pulled away from my relapse of thought by Spencer returning my hug that I had initiated a few moments beforehand. He was presumably putting the coffee safely on the table and making sure I wanted the return of physical contact before going in.

"How are you doing, Spence?" He chuckled at me being concerned about him when I was the one anxiously pacing just moments ago.

"I'm fine, baby. Are you okay?" He gently rubs my shoulders, lightly kissing the top of my head before resting his chin on it.

"I'm okay. A lot going on right now," I can feel him slightly nod on my head.

"Via, do you wanna watch titanic when we get to the hotel room? I know the monthly mark is coming up and I feel like it would be nice to have your mom right now." I take my head out from under his and smile up at him.

"I would love nothing more," He returns the expression before laying another kiss on my head and letting go of me.

~~

The days continue to go on painfully slow, all through the night and day we brainstormed and thought and worked as hard as possible, not getting anywhere. 

One annoyingly puzzling question recurring over and over again.

Taunting us the whole case.