ʙʏᴀᴋᴜʏᴀ x ғ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

(Y/N) loved her husband more than words can say. She has ever since they met at Hope's Peak Academy. He was extremely handsome, with a smooth pale complexion and short blonde hair. Blue eyes, glasses, and the fact that he always wore a suit to school—or any event, really. And his cold attitude only seemed to magnify his beauty in her eyes.

She and her best friend, Toko, used to fangirl over him together all the time. Though Toko's fantasies were far different form her own, they were still able to bond over it. But as the Ultimate Designer, she had expected him to never notice her, or even look her way. She would just be a nobody in his eyes, with their differences in status. So after graduation, when he suddenly asked for her hand in marriage, she was completely ecstatic.

Though it was completely out of the blue, and though she had felt bad for Toko, she had happily accepted. She continued to go through with it even when her parents threatened to disown her—but after a lot of convincing, they had agreed to it too.

And she was the happiest that she had ever been! Her heart fluttered at the thought of marrying him, and she always felt that she'd burn to death due to her own blush. But... that was years ago.

She still loved him, but things... changed.

He wasn't abusive or anything—he promised he'd never ever raise a hand at her. Actually, he spoiled her every chance he got to. From things she simply wanted to expensive trinkets she'd probably never use or wear. And though he said it was to show his affections, she felt there was a larger, less romantic reason—and that reason was what made her start to regret marrying him.

She couldn't count the amount of times she'd go looking for him at a party to find him making out with some random girl, or how many times she'd find him in a corner or closet of their mansion kissing one of the maids. But whenever she asked him about it afterwards, she always received the same answer.

"It meant nothing, don't worry about it."

But... it didn't feel like nothing. It was constantly—every party, every week, practically every day. It didn't make sense—he asked her to marry him, yet he's the one cheating. She was young and dumb and in love, rushing into things without even thinking about her decision—she realised that a while ago.

But the last straw was when she found him kissing her sister at her own birthday party. She was completely mortified. She had locked herself in her room for the rest of the night. The next morning she started to file for a divorce and pack her things—but he stopped her.

"Give me another chance."

It was supposed to be the last straw, but it wasn't. It seemed that he knew just what to say to make everything better.

"It won't ever happen again, I promise. I won't even think about doing it, ever."

She fell for it. She fell right back into his arms after what he's done. He knew exactly what cards to play to get himself out of trouble. And he knew exactly what to say to make her stay with him.

But even after that... it was difficult. Her heart hammered in her chest when he'd lay next to her in bed. Not from delight or love, but from nervousness, and maybe even fear. She found herself growing distant from him, yet she wanted to hold him in her arms at the same time.

Thankfully, she had to deal with business in Paris for two months. She'd have a chance to think things through—and to be able to think without him there to try and sway her.

And it was absolute torture. Being away from him for so long made her heart ache, and she wasn't as happy or motivated as she was before. All she wanted to fly back home and be near him again, to hug him and be able to sleep beside him.