ʟᴇᴏɴ x ғ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

Leon yawned as he made his way to his locker. It was the end of school, which meant he could go home and do whatever he wanted. He stopped in front of his locker before putting in the combination and pulling the door open. He grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder, closing the locker and resetting the dial.

"Damn, I'm beat." He muttered to himself, turning to make his way down the hall and out of school. But his path was blocked off. A slightly taller boy with short wisps of black hair and bright green eyes stood in his path.

"Hey Leon." He greeted, his voice lackluster and his face completely neutral. The ginger's shoulders slumped, and he held in a groan of annoyance.

"Hey..." He trailed off, having no idea what the guy's name was. "Do you need something?"

"Well, we have practice today, and coach wants you to go." The ravenette crosses his arms over his chest, watching as the other fisted his hands at his sides.

"I told you, I don't—!"

"We have a new member joining today." The statement made the ginger blink, before shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay, and?"

"Coach wants you to meet them." The unnamed male turned around, "You don't have to stay and practice, but Coach at least wants you to meet the new member."

'Looks like my plans for the day are ruined,' He sighed, standing up straight. "Alright, fine, let's go." And with that, the two boys were off. The walk was completely silent, as neither boy wanting to make conversation.

The hallways seemed nearly completely vacant as the two made their way outside. And it seemed as though the school was completely empty, if not for the teachers they'd pass by every now and then, still slaving away at their desks in their classrooms.

Or the few students they'd pass by who were casually walking around with no destination. Or the friend groups who chatted loudly in a no longer vacant classroom, or the drama club that could be heard no matter how far you walked. There was always something that remind Leon that the school was still full of life, even after the bell had rung.

He squinted his eyes at the sudden light from the sun, having been used to the barely illuminated halls of his school. He continued to follow the ravenette across the parking lot and to the baseball field.

He felt himself completely deflate like a ballon. Even the mere sight of the field made him feel exhausted and annoyed, along with the everlasting want to just go home. The team was crowded together like a herd of sheep with their coach standing tall amongst them as though he were the Shepard.

When his eyes met that of the redhead's, he grinned widely. "Ah! Leon! Glad you made it, for once."

"Yeah," Was his reply, bored and as lackluster as ever as he stood off to the side. Yet the older didn't seem bothered in the slightest. Laughing, he took his attention away from the single male to look over the crowd.

"As I've already said, we'll be having a new member on the team!" He turned his head side to side, his expression turning serious. "I expect you to treat them nicely. There's no pickin' on them or ignoring them. Aight?"

Leon rolled his eyes while the other students nodded their head or voiced their agreement. The coach smiled again before taking a step to the side. Leon's breath caught in his throat, his eyes going wide.

Placing his hand's on the girl's shoulders, the teacher spoke up. "This is (Y/N) (L/N). She was originally on our school's softball team, but she was so good that she was offered a spot on our team!"

The named girl was smiling brightly, her chest puffed out and her posture straight as a board. He didn't know what it was, but Leon felt completely drawn to her in the two minutes he'd known her.