08

ROSE

I didn't know how to describe what I felt at that moment. All of the emotions were mixed, and my mind went blank. Evangelia tried to ease it up, and tried to tell me how it could've been a misunderstanding between her and Joseph, however, both of us knew that it wasn't the case.

Those pictures that decorated Tobias' home suddenly popped in my head. That was why he seemed the happiest with that woman, and why he was a completely different person when he was with me.

He picked me up once the mass was done, yet I wasn't speaking. He tried to engage in a conversation, and prior to this profound information, I would've been the happiest in the world to have him start a conversation.

However, I felt dirty. I felt my skin crawl and I wanted to throw up. I didn't know that he was married, however, it didn't change the fact that he was married and that I threw myself on a married man, who reciprocated my advances for one evening.

Tobias was the one that should be ashamed and the thought of him betraying his wife made my blood boil. All that talk about being religious and doing the right thing, and yet, he kissed me, whilst he was in a fucking marriage?

''Is everything alright?'' Tobias asked.

He waited to ask the question when we were at his home and I felt like crying. It crossed my mind that his wife could've passed away since he took down the pictures of her, however, it was something that Joseph would've told Eva, and somehow, deep inside of me, I knew it wasn't true.

''You kissed me, Tobias.'' I stated.

He blinked, ''Are we having this conversation again?''

''You kissed me, and you're married. Fucking married. What the hell is wrong with you?''

At that point, I was already screaming at him, and he decided to let my cursing slide. He noticed the intensity and the seriousness of the situation and I was glad that he didn't try to bolt, or sneak his way out of the conversation.

''Who told you?''

I laughed, disbelief laced my tongue as my eyes widened, ''Who told me? That's what is relevant right now? You're fucking married, Tobias, and it doesn't change anything if you knew who told me.''

Tobias remained quiet, yet I saw the undoubtable irritation on his face while I rambled.

''And I am many, many things. You know it yourself that I never claimed to be any sort of a saint, but homewrecker? Never. How do you sleep knowing you betrayed your spouse? And I saw the pictures of the two of you, that gorgeous woman definitely did not deserve it.''

Tobias released a sigh of annoyance. I continued to ramble on about how I didn't know if I'd ever get over the fact that I almost slept with a married man, and that was when he decided he's had enough of me talking about scenarios that had zero chance of ever happening.

''First and foremost, you and I did not almost sleep together, don't get it twisted, Rose.'' He stated and I shut my mouth, ''And second, I am separated from my wife. Been separated for two years, and she cheated on me first, which is why we're separated.''

''Oh.''

''Yes, oh.'' Tobias said and his voice raised slightly. He was definitely angry with me, ''How about, next time, when you're so set on screaming at me, you ask me first and then make your decisions?''

Fucking hell. I felt myself slowly getting aroused as he spoke to me, fury laced his tongue. I could see it in his eyes how much anger he held and how much he needed to release it somewhere.