Crown and a bull

Voidlings - small creatures that want to devour everything and always hunt for new prey. They are not so scary alone but a herd able to obliterate the whole village or even a city. It depends on the amount.

They spawn increasingly throughout the ancient Shurima desert and bother local people.

Kaisa always tries to prevent their spreading to keep the number of victims small. If she hears that somebody disappeared and nobody knows why the person went missing she understands who responsible for that situation and it is time to travel underneath the place of extinction.

If she gets to the place in time she copes with a dozen voidlings that are not a problem at all. On the other hand, sometimes she found out about the problem too late and voidlings have time to group up and at this point, they become a huge menace not only for the people atop but for Kaisa as well. If the small voidling receives fresh flesh it getting bigger and his danger grows up. It becomes too hard not only to handle the dozens of small creatures but also to avoid deadly bites of their big brothers.

Today is one of the days when Kaisa wants to be on time. She is with a lightning speed running through the void to reach her destination. She has already put on her protective mask and is ready to face the voidling after each magenta corner. The wormhole becomes thinner and thinner and that is a sign that this path is new and created a while ago.

"I am moving obviously in the right direction.", - Kaisa deduced.

Suddenly her nose was hit by a distinct smell.

"That smell... unmistakable... the voidlings."

She reduced her paсe down and try to stay unheard. She moves softly and smoothly looking around and trying to figure out where the smell comes from. Slowly, following the odor, she heard the rhythmic sound of the voidlings' paws. Kaisa started to focus the void energy inside her shoulder pods and so familiar sensation of needles' itch grows on her skin warning her about abyss creatures incoming. But she doesn't need this reflex anymore, she trained her sense of smell and hearing good enough to prevent any unexpected encounter with the void.

Eventually, she saw the voidlings. They were in the process of a recently murdered young girl savoring. It is impossible to determine her age because there almost nothing left of her except bloody gown.

Kaisa closed her eyes trying to redirect her rage into the energy and released dozens of blooms from her pods alongside a shrill scream. Bright blooms were fast and exact in their targets. The energy was enough to create 2-3 blooms on each voidling, thou only one is sufficient.

She came closer to girl's remains.

"Dammit!... Ah, poor girl", - Kaisa sighed.

Abruptly, the dark magenta void was pierced by a beam of the quick light.

Kaisa started to look around and didn't understand where it came from. Another one was so quick but much shinier and she found out that it showed up from the crack in the wall in the distance.

She was surprised. She has lurked through numerous miles of the void's insides and didn't see even a hint of light in this gloomy underworld. She rapidly went forward to the rift. When got closer she realized that the gap was so big that she is able to go through the wall easily. She looked into and noticed a man with blond hair in a jacket who was dashing randomly in the huge ancient hall. Each of his dashes was followed by light splashes in the place where he disappeared as well as in the spot of occurrence. She watched him for a couple of minutes and concluded that he was trying to avoid traps and decoys.

"What a cunning boy. What is he doing here? And how does the Void connect to this place?", - she wondered.

She went through the gap in the wall and followed him sticking to the edge of the hall. She wanted to stay invisible.

The hall is enormous with huge columns and stairs around the hall which lead upstairs to the center of the hall, forming a pyramidal shape. On each column, there was a torch that amazingly burns who knows how many years or even centuries. On the top of the hall where stairs end there was a throne with a skeleton sitting on it.

The boy was getting closer and closer to that pedestal. Kaisa stood motionless behind the column and watched.

Finally, he reached the throne and went on foot to the skeleton. He took the crown on the deadman's head, deflated the dust, and looked closely at the jewel.

Suddenly, the floor began to tremble. Shaking was getting stronger and finally, Kaisa noted that the pyramid split up on 2 parts and these parts were slowly moving to the opposite directions. The boy teleported himself to the safe place instantly and as well as Kaisa continued to watch what will happen next.

They both heard a non-human roar inside the pyramid. Eventually, the distance between parts of the pyramids became large enough to release this beast. A huge minotaur 5 men in height with hefty horns and giant arms was looking around with bloodshot eyes.

— Woooaw! The adventure is becoming catchy! - the boy exclaimed out loud.

"Probably the last for you", - mournfully assumed Kaisa.

The bull immediately noticed the boy and launched a growl.

Suddenly, a big insect leaped on the minotaur's back and started to stub the beast with its pincers. Minotaur dropped the insect out of his back like a fly. The сockroach regained consciousness quickly and began to move around the minotaur so swiftly that sometimes it seemed to be invisible for a second. Feckless minotaur was so sluggish, he didn't be able even to grasp where will be the next attack from.

"I know you, prawn! You are one of the most successful voidlings, you crave to evolve and you need to kill and devour the most powerful creatures to make it happen", - thought Kaisa.

The battle came to the end quickly. The insect leaped on the bull's back again and this time the beast didn't survive. The voidling was from head to claws in the blood and stood near the corpse.

"I can't allow you to become stronger before my eyes", - Kaisa concentrate and shot a long-range bloom in the voidling, - "Gotcha!".

Then, she dashed forward to the insect and release a dozen of blooms out of her pods. All of them hit in its face, wings, and paws. That was really painful. The voidling escaped back to the void through the hole in the wall whence Kaise came. She knew she couldn't follow him because he is too fast.

— I don't know what happened here but I definitely know who you are. You are doing a great job, girl! - shouted the boy who has still stood there where he was when the pyramid began to move. - By the way, do you know Kassadin? But, never mind, I gotta go, because I don't know who will appear here in the next minute and my guild membership waits for me. Bye! 

He approached the wall and blinked through it with the same light splash as before with the crown under his arm.

"Kassa... din?"