Chapter two: We're Not Gonna Take It

May 7th, 1969; Cynthia's POV: Author: forgetful_joke

Roger carried me to the van and sat me inside.

"Hey!... Me and Keith were just in here!"

"Don't speak." Roger said sternly looking into my eyes.

"Ok," I mumbled.

Roger lifted his shirt to reveal the abs on his tan body.

"W-whatcha doin there Rog?" I asked.

"Take off you shirt."

I listened and began to remove my clothing.

He scooted closer and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Roger then began to aggressively kiss me and push me down on the van floor.

He lied on top of me as he kissed my neck.

"Roger, what's this about?" I giggled.

He stopped. "Sorry, I guess I was just still angry about what Keith did. I just felt the need to make sure you were mine."

"Wait. What did Keith do?"

"Are you serious? You don't remember?" Roger asked.

I shook my head, I didn't remember a thing that happened before I was sitting at that table with Sylvia.

"Are you still drunk?" Roger asked, still on top of me.

"I think I've come out of it a bit."

"It's better you don't know then." He said as he went back to kissing me.

We lied there for about 20 minutes as we made out half naked on the van floor, when the door abruptly swung open, revealing Keith and Pete standing there with their mouths on the ground.

"What is this and why wasn't I invited?!" Keith shouted.

Pete said nothing but just shook his head as he closed the door, leaving us back to our privacy.

We were silent as we could hear their conversations outside the van.

"How come he gets to do it with her, but I can't?!" Keith complained.

"Cause she's his girl Keith."

"Well It's no fair!"

"Sorry bud," Pete said, patting Keith's back. "Better luck next time."

We heard their footsteps leave the side of the van and picked back up where we left off.

When we were through we redressed ourselves and hopped out the vehicle to go find Pete and Keith.

We followed the sound of glass shattering and screaming coming from inside the bar.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY!" Keith shouted, waving a broken bottle of gin around in the air.

"It's my opinion, and if I think she is a drunk whore, then that's what she is." The man who bought my drink said with his arms crossed.

I watched as Pete ran in between them
attempting to keep them apart.

"Hey guys, lets just split this up and go home. I ain't got time to call the ambulance for ya mate." Pete said glancing at Chad who was scowling at him.

"Ugh yeh right! He'll be lucky if he can even walk out of here alive!" Chad snapped.

"Oh we'll see about that buddy!" Keith yelled back.

Roger and I ran over to them in effort to find out what this feud was about.

"What's going on over here?!" Roger asked.

Keith waved his broken bottle in the air. "This thing said your girl is a worthless good for nothin' drunk whore!" He screamed.

"He WHAT?!" Roger yelled.

I watched them as they fought, knocking and punching Chad into walls. I was still a bit too tipsy to fully understand what was going on.

When Chad was unconscious on the ground, Roger walked over to me and took my hand.

"Roger... your eye." I said resting my hand on the side of his face.

"It hurts a bit but it'll be alright luv."

"It's black and blue Rog!"

"It was worth it darling. I will never let any man talk about you that way, and apparently neither will Keith." He said looking over towards keith who was dancing around chad as he lied on the floor.

I smiled. "Excuse me Roger, I would like to go and thank Keith."

"Of course luv," he kissed my forehead and let go of my hand.

I walked over to Keith and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Keith, thank you so much for defending me," I smiled.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Of course Cyn, you know I would do anything for you..."

"I know, I'm so lucky to have a friend like you."

"Maybe one day we will be more than just friends," he winked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Hah ok Moonie."

I returned to Roger who was patiently waiting on me.

"Everything alright with him?"

"I think so, let's just go home Roggie."

"Of course luv." He took my hand in his and we walked out the door together.

"You wanna head back to my place?" He asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to run into John and Sylvia at mine." I giggled.

We went to his house and went to bed. I had a terrible headache and was extremely tired. It was still an interesting night though.