THREE

THREE; 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔

THREE; 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒔... 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"SO, WHAT'S PETER Parker like?" 

Pale and tense, Peter's hands clenched around the wrapping of the sandwich, and he went rigid upon Clara Rose's question. To delay his answer, he took out a large bite of the bread and chewed with a nervous laugh. 

Before officially meeting her, Peter had to tell himself that he was Percy. Not Peter but, Percy. He was the cool kid who played the drums and got the girls. He was flirtatious and probably watched pay-per-view porn. He had to settle into character and realized: the Midtown High drama club would kill for this narrative. 

Clara Rose did not yield, staring at him curiously as she slowly nibbled on the sandwich. They had begun to slowly stride down the barren sidewalk after completing a good twenty-minute rant on how she had met the infamous Spider-Man.

Nothing much, Peter decided. Just when he thought the superhero would have made an impression on little miss sticky fingers, Clara Rose had to put forward her theory about Peter Parker being a creepy stalker. Peter had to reaffirm n times over: he was just a know-it-all.  

"Well," Peter swallowed hard, trying to answer her formally, "he's, like smart."

"I know that," she nodded. "He's got big ears, no? They poke out of his head like horns. And is he balding or something?"

"What?" He looked at her, edging on a glare. He cupped an ear consciously — they were the perfect size for a perfect boy. "No! I think that's just the mask."

She shrugged. "He sounded like a little boy."

"What—!"

"And he has a weird walk."

"Hey!"

Peter worked to hold in his retort about the suit's stretchy material which affected the way he moved. Chafing was a huge problem. Taking in a sigh, he glanced at her with a smile.

"I mean. Maybe... he was nervous to meet you?"

"A nervous superhero?" She was obviously not buying it.

"There's no need to emotionally shame the guy. Who knows what he's going through?" A thick brick wall, serial punches, self-doubt—it was endless.

"Maybe he's an impostor."

"Or he just wanted you to like him."

She rolled her eyes, unaffected by his statement and nibbling on her sandwich. "Yes, I did hear that Spider-Man is actually a manic pixie dream boy."