・three・

"The murderer has killed Dan. The dead player has been killed in their sleep."

I stared at the screen horrified. The television showed a live video of Dan's dead body, peacefully laying on the bed. (Above) I guess that's what the security cameras are for. I slowly put my hand over Vinny's eyes to cover them, but he had already seen it. He runs off to the bathroom, his head in his hands. I try to go over comfort him, but he shoves me away. "P-please leave me alone.." I nod understandingly and walk out. I decide to try to get to know the others better. I decided to keep a list of everyone who was there, and I would write down who had.. you know.

After a pretty long session of talking and bonding, I finally had everyone's names. I looked for a piece of paper and finally found one, and looked for a pen. It took me a bit, but I eventually found a blue pen. I uncapped the pen and started writing.

Veronica
Aadiv
Alex
Vinny
Dan(deceased)
Alicia
Kees
Ash
Viola
Tamia
Alab
Chidi
Reza
Sabrina
Rosalie

I finally had the list complete, and crossed out Dan, of course. By then it was time for another message from the figure. I went over to the bathroom to check and see if Vinny has calmed down, and he did. I whispered, "Hey, Vin. You need to come back over here for a minute." He nods as I take him into the living room, when the dark figure looks down once again and starts.

"Now we vote. Each night, you must vote for who you think the culprit is. If you are correct, you will all be able to leave. If you are incorrect, the murderer will stay another night."

Just then, the lights flickered out. Again. This time I was prepared, and clutched on to Vinny. Another figure gives us a paper, and a pen. I write on the small piece of paper "Sabrina." I didn't really have any suspicions, though Sabrina was kind of avoiding all conversations. The lights flickered back on about one minute later, and the dark figure laughs.

"The house believes the murderer is..."

We all look around, panicked. Not knowing what would happen when we're taken out.

"Sabrina."

Sabrina gasped. Well, everybody did. They were shocked. Who knew that the quiet girl would be voted out first? Well, my thought process did, since she was suspicious. But..

"Incorrect. The murderer remains on the loose."

She starts to cry. She knows well she was innocent. But nobody else did. I rushed over and hugged her, and whispered in her ear. "I'm sorry." She nods and smiles, just before the lights flicker once again. I hear footsteps getting closer and closer, and then I heard a muffled scream right next to me. I heard some more shuffling. I was scared.. and then I heard a very loud scream. I shut my eyes very tight, but of course that didn't help. When I open my eyes, I'm standing in the middle of the room, with no Sabrina. I decided to try to go to sleep, forgetting about Dan's body. When I opened the door, however, Dan's body wasn't there. It disappeared. I pushed it out of my mind as I attempted to fall asleep. I lay there, staring at the ceiling. Then out of nowhere, Vinny walked in to make sure I was safe. I started to think again with him at my side. What if I died? I pushed those thoughts out of my mind again, and I drift into a peaceful sleep.

I was taken out of my sleep by another muffled scream. I quickly opened my eyes, now very alert. From what I had remembered, Vinny was there with me.. but why wasn't he here now? I immediately sat up, and attempted to not make any noise as I walked out of the bedroom. When I looked at the living room, I saw Aadiv, Alex, Veronica and Tamia all sleeping on the couches. I tiptoe around the house, trying to find out where I heard the screaming from. I checked the creepy room, to see Vinny sitting in the corner, bleeding. I rush over to him and grab the medical kit I got and started to tend to his wounds. Every time I would put disinfectant on a cut, he would wince. It really hurt me to see Vinny like this, but after a bit of time he was okay. I told him to stay with me and if anything was wrong he should wake me up. Once we arrived in the bedroom, I layed down and went to sleep once again.

—THE NEXT DAY

The next morning, I was woken up by someone shaking me. I heard a faint voice coming from my left ear. "Cmon.." "Wake up.." I slowly opened my eyes to see Vinny. "Hi, Vinny." He waves, and then looks at me dead serious. "Hey, uh, I had something to say to you." I look at him wide-eyed. "Yes?" He smiles and looks at me. "Thank you.." I grin and get up, waiting for another horrifying message. Me and Vinny walk into the living room, to once again see the figure.

"Oh.. my?"
Word count: 891 words