14 | JEONGGUK'S SORROWS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN𝖏𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖌𝖚𝖐'𝖘 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖘

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
𝖏𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖌𝖚𝖐'𝖘 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖘.

the night view of seoul's skyline was always beautiful to jeongguk and it gave him some sort of relaxation during his days. currently, the male was escaping the headache he calls his fiancée, she was currently going on and on about how badly taehyung had treated her back in tokyo. jeongguk couldn't care less about what beef his current fiancée had with his ex-fiancé, he chose to not worry about it, with fewer chances of gaining a migraine. as he was enjoying sipping from his mug of coffee and watching the rain hit against the windows of his building, an insistent knocking was heard on his office door. "come in," he simply spoke and turns his chair to face the incoming person, gently setting down his mug onto his desk, "speak, what is it that you need?"

"sir, about the assignment regarding chairman hwang. i've found that there's no further information about him that we don't know already. all that we were able to retrieve was his birth information and some medical records but that's about it. everything else has been encrypted by a strong firewall. it seems after he left seoul back to tokyo, everything that isn't known to the public was locked away." the company's president, kim namjoon spoke, placing a small file onto the desk.

"interesting, who's behind the firewall?" jeongguk asks, starting to scan the little information they had managed to salvage from their failed attempt at gaining on taehyung and his family.

"we haven't been able to figure that out either, apologies, sir," namjoon spoke in a low tone, not wanting to anger the male.

"can no one around here do their fucking job?!" jeongguk shouts, slamming his closed fist against the wooden desk, frightening namjoon, "all i ask is to have information about taehyung in the last four years and no one here, not even my hacker can manage to do that! someone better bring me something in the next few hours, or there will be bloodshed!" The male groans out in frustration, placing his face into the palms of his hands, "namjoon, call yoongi in here."

"yes, mr. jeon," namjoon responds, as presses down onto his earpiece, "changkyun, please send in yoongi, the boss wants to speak with him."

"good — i swear no one here is going to rest until o get some sort of detail about what happened to taehyung in the last four years." jeongguk exasperatedly spoke as he leans back into his chair.

yoongi knocks on the door as he enters, face blank, with no emotions whatsoever. "you called?"

"yes, please tell me about your encounter with hwang taehyung at LA ROUGE last month." jeongguk spoke, leaning forward onto his desk, waiting for yoongi to speak.

"other than the brief eye contact we made, there is nothing much to be said about him, sir," yoongi answers honestly, hoping he wasn't going to end up with a bullet to his brain.