21. I MESSED UP

THE NERDY BAD BOY
Chapter 21

Author's POV

Maddox was still fuming mad when his father came to pick him up from school.
He had gotten into a fight but got into big trouble as if it was all his fault.
The journey home was silent but as soon as they got into the house his father gave him a serious look as he sat him down on the couch.

"Maddox I didn't teach you how to fight so that you can go around beating up other kids. Boxing is for self defence" he said.
"But dad it was self defence" Maddox tried to defend himself but his father stood his ground.
"You broke one kids nose and another ones arm. It might have started as self defence but you went overboard" he said.

"Dad those boys have been bullying me every single day since I started going to school. You told me not not allow people to take advantage of me and that's why today I showed them not to mess with me" Maddox lashed out still angry.
"Don't hurt others to make a point Maddox. That anger is going to get you in deep trouble one day if you don't learn to control it" his father said.
"But dad..."
"No Maddox. If you ever cause so much trouble again I'm sending you straight to military school" his father spoke with finality silencing the little boy.

"Tomorrow I want you to apologize to those boys and their parents. Understand" he said but got not response.
"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
"YES SIR. I UNDERSTAND"
"Now promise me you won't allow your anger to take over again" his father said now calm.
"Yes dad. I promise" 

"I'm sorry dad I keep breaking my promise" Maddox whispered to himself as he sat in a jail cell with two other men. They both reeked of alcohol and had passed out.
"Officer this is all a mistake. Those men tried to rape our friend and Maddox was only protecting him" Tyler and Leo tried their best to convince the police to let Maddox go free.
When the police arrived on the scene many people went out to see what was happening and they were shocked to see some people being carried into an ambulance, Maddox in handcuffs in the backseat of the police car and a traumatized looking Blaine being questioned by the police.
Either way it didn't look good.

"I understand Tyler but things aren't looking good. I have 4 men in the hospital. One of them is in the ICU and Maddox has blood on his hands. The last time we could let it go but this time he went overboard" the man said giving them a sorry look.
They all settled back on the bench wondering what they could do to help.
"I can't believe Maddox almost killed a man with his bare hands. I'm glad we never fought" Brad broke the silence.

"Yeah. He is crazy like that" Tyler said with a smile.
"He wasnt always like that though. He used to he a sweet kid. Sometimes I think its our fault he ended up this way" Leo added.
"What do you mean?" Liang asked.
"When we were kids we used to bully him..."
"It was mostly Tyler" Leo cut him off earning a glare.

"You used to call him Dumbo" Tyler defended.
"Well we have to admit he has abnormally large ears" Leo said and everyone laughed.
Blaine was still being questioned in a private room.
"Anyway one day we went over our normal routine and he just flipped. He broke my nose and Leo's arm. We cried like a bunch of sissies that day" Tyler said remembering it all with a smile.
"The next day Maddox was forced to apologize to us and our parents which just made us feel awful because it was our fault he blew up. So after some time we approached him and apologized for bullying him and we have been friends ever since" Leo finished.

"Basically you guys unleashed the monster" Paxton said and they nodded.
"He was okay though but when his dad passed away he changed. He lost control again but after we got kicked out of our last school he promised to change. I just hope his mom doesn't flip and..." Before Tyler could finish his statement in walked in a distressed Miss Russo.
"What happened?" She immediately asked them.

Soon a police officer came to open Maddox's cell.
"You're free to go. You should be thankful your mom pulled some strings and sorted out everything. Maddox walked out and saw his friends waiting for him.
They were happy to see him out and walked out first leaving him with Blaine.

" Lain" Maddox said his name and tried to reach out to him but Blaine took a step back.
"Lain..."
"I'm sorry Maddox...I need...I need some time to get over what happened today. I saw a side of you that I never wanted to see" Blaine said looking at everything but Maddox.
"Lain I would never hurt you" Maddox said hating how his own boyfriend didn't want him to touch him.
"You almost killed that man Maddox and I can't...I can't get over it. I need time" Blaine said.
"How much time do you need?" Maddox asked.
"I don't know. Just...I will call you" Blaine said before walking out first.

Everyone left leaving Maddox with his mom who was waiting by the car.
"Mom I..." Before he could say another word she slapped him on the face.
"Mom..."
"I'm tired Maddox. This is not what I want for your life. I don't want a son who might end up in prison for murder"
"Mom..."
"No Maddox. No more promises. You will just break it again. I have been too soft with you but enough is enough" she lashed out with tears flowing down he face.
Maddox hated himself for all the pain he caused his mother. He didn't mean to cause all this trouble. One thing he couldn't bear was his mothers tears.

Before he could respond a car parked next to his mothers. He immediately recognized it as he saw his uncle Antonio Russo walk out. Just like his father he was a high rank in the army.
"From now on he is your responsibility. Do what you must. I give you all authority" she said to my uncle before turning away.

"Mom" it was more of a whisper but she heard and stopped but didn't look back.
"I'm sorry" Maddox said fighting the tears threatening to escape his eyes.
His mother then walked forward into the car before she left.
That moment Maddox knew that he had really messed up. Big time.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Will Doxx be able to sort out this mess?