Chapter 13: So good, so lovely

Jimin.

Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about Jimin. The alpha was lying on his back, eyes staring straight up at the living room ceiling, mind running wild with the knowledge that the blonde was sleeping in a room so close to him.

All night he had felt fine. Sure, there were a few instances where the younger might've let some impure thoughts run through his head, a few times when he paid attention to certain details of Jimin's body, but overall he was proud of how well he had held himself together.

But now, with his body relaxed and his mind free to roam, he could not get the omega out of his fucking head.

"He's not just an omega," Jungkook pouted, sitting up and resting his elbows on his knees. That's what made this all so much harder: Jimin wasn't just an omega. Maybe he was just now realizing it, but to the brunette, Jimin was attractive in more ways than what made up his subgender.

"Fuck." Jungkook ran his hands through his hair, tugging firmly at the strands to try and refocus himself on something less distracting.

And it didn't help that he was in Jimin's home right now; the omega's scent was everywhere. Jungkook could barely breathe without smelling him on the blankets, the pillows, the fucking couch cushions. The only thing that barely smelt of Jimin was the damn coffee table, and that was only because they had literally just assembled it that day.

The more Jungkook thought about it, the stronger Jimin's scent seemed to become. All of a sudden it was in the air, clouding the brunette's mind, thick with each breath he took. Jungkook couldn't help but open his mouth, to drink that sweet scent in as much as he could, indulging his hidden desires now that Jimin wasn't there to hate him for it.

He wondered what it might smell like to leave his own scent.

"Fuck it," The alpha murmured, releasing just a bit of his pheromones to mix with the air. Maybe he was crazy, but he could've sworn Jimin was releasing his own pheromones too, because his scent was thicker and hotter than anything the younger had smelled before. And Jimin's scent was something he was happily becoming very familiar with.

Jungkook swallowed, his breathing becoming more labored as he felt himself start to be carried away by Jimin's intoxicating aura. He stood, greedy with wanting to get closer to the source. If he just sat outside the door for a bit, Jungkook thought maybe he would be satisfied enough until he got used to the intensity of the smell -- or he would be lucky and pass out before he did something stupid.

With quiet feet the brunette walked down the hallway where Jimin had disappeared earlier, following his nose to the exact door to the blonde's room.

"Hm?" There were soft murmurs coming from behind the door, as if Jimin was whining in his sleep, but Jungkook could barely hear anything. Jimin's scent was so much stronger here, coming in waves under the door and through the cracks of the wood. The brunette banged his forehead against the barrier, hands pressed firmly on either side of his head.

"Jimin," He breathed, lips parting in a soft pant. He could feel him. Jungkook could feel him as if a string was tugging him from his core. His jaw clenched, shoulders squared back as he tried to tell his own body no, tell the alpha in him to back down. He wanted in, and he wanted in for all the wrong reasons. Frustration and desire were at war inside of him as he pushed away from the door, meaning to step back.

But he heard something.

Jimin wasn't murmuring from dreams. He was saying his name.

In that moment Jungkook knew he wasn't the only one feeling that pull, feeling that hot desire that he had been trying so hard to ignore. Jimin was in heat and he was calling for Jungkook.