Chapter 3

Kai and Cole knew something happened during PE with Nya. No, no one had properly told them about her struggles to even get changed in a stall, but just from noticing her shaky figure and constant sniffling, everyone in her group of friends could tell that something, or someone was bothering her.

The class was different. It wasn't like how it used to be. There used to be tables of 5, and there was 6 of them. Luckily, they got to goose where they sat. So, the group always sat at the back of the class where the two tables are closest to each other. I mean yeah, they couldn't speak at all, as their teacher would give them a straight up one hour detention for not raising their hand for anything. But, just being by each other was enough to raise each other spirits even just a little before the boring hour started.

But, this classroom looked completely different from last time.

Instead of the tables of five scattered around the room, they were replaced by what seemed to be exam desks. They were all neatly put together in a grid - six across five down. So that was great, they can't even sit next to each other now. The ten friends eyed each other sadly, now afraid that they're going to be put with a famous bully of theirs - Camille.

By far she was one of the 'hottest' girl in school; all of the boys and been some girls fancied her. Her short purple hair fell down almost to her shoulders neatly and she'd always be coming to school in short running shorts, a skirt or leggings. Because for some reason she wants to bang ever mildly attractive boy she sees. Which leaves the others a bit uncomfortable, but they always get reassured by her that she'll never pick some: 'Unworthy low-life's that need to get their shit together.' Like I'm sorry Camille, should we just flip the switch to a perfect life and you can have our shitty ones? Let's see how you'll cope.

Luckily, they still got to pick where they sat. Six of them sat in the back row, and the other four sat the second back row, and sat by them was none other then Camille and her friend Ash. It was pretty obvious that they wanted to date, but they always stayed friends and made fun of the others. Maybe if they did get together, they'd be too busy smooching in the corner to even notice their existence. Yeah, that would literally be great.

Seliel sat by Nya, and she knew something was wrong. Her head rested on the table and she fumbled with her pen, occasionally clicking it. Her face seemed a bit red, and she was constantly sniffling. She hoped it wasn't a fever - Nya knew she had a low immune system and when she does, you don't wanna see the aftermath.

The pink haired girl swiftly grabbed her notebook and a spare pen. Flipping through some of the full pages to an empty blank one. She licked her pen so she could start writing, and glanced at her friend multiple times while her pen grazed over the thin lines paper gracefully.

She looked up at the teacher and saw he was looking at the board, writing some bullshit that no one really cared about; considering the whole class were rather on their phones or admiring their own physical appearance, or updating it to make it look better. Yeah, she didn't really know why they were doing it either.

Finishing the note, the teen with the coloured hair folded it up neatly, quickly writing an 'open it' on the front so Nya knew what it was for. She slid down her chair a little bit and placed the paper on the floor, then flicked it to Nya's leg. She must have been in a daydream, as it mad eher straighten up and blink a few times, then realising where she was. A look of discomfort shone on her face as she looked done by her leg, seeing the note that Seliel has written not even two minutes ago.

Nya looked up at Seliel with a bit of confrontation. Seliel nodded, waving her hand in a silent way to say open the letter, and answer back on the back of the paper.

Nya, are you okay? What happened at PE? You look really down :(

Nya only felt more tears build up in her eyes as she read that note over and over again. Those memories slipped back fresh into her mind once again, the words stabbing at her everywhere for a second time. Seliel only felt her own eyebrows creased too at the look of sadness on her best friends' face - and it seemed like Jay and Kai had noticed too.