[8]

1 month later

"Spring rolls sound nice" she mutter as they both walked past a shop.

"Spring roll? Why all of a sudden?" Souma asked, curious with his cousin's thought.

"Nahh, I just thought that having spring roll for dinner sounds nice. Considering this is an elite school, surely we need to cook our own meal. It's not like we have maid or butler anyway" she explained.

"Hmm, well you right. Do you want to stop for a bit then? I wanted to buy some dried squid snack, we will probably make it to the opening ceremony if we run afterwards."

"Yey! Thanks!"

And so they quickly purchased their preferred goods and afterwards speed up towards Totsuki academy...

-CS-

'Ah~ the typical initiation ceremony- or something' she thought as she watched from the backstage. All high school students currently at the assembly ground for the Welcoming ceremony of all first year in high school.

"...We'll proceed to give the award to the best of the year. The representative of the new first-year- Erina Nakiri."

"Yes" replied a girl, with gorgeously long honey blond hair as she walked up the stage. Hoshi watched as Erina received the award while the students fawning over her. If Hoshi being honest, putting aside her queen attitude, she was actually very beautiful and cute. Not to forget, she's also talented.

Next, after the awarding, the emcee then invited the Totsuki academy director, Senzaemon Nakiri- to deliver his speech.

In her opinion, he is- a man with stern principle. That was the impression Hoshi had upon seeing him for the first time. But, she also knows, that truth underneath it all, he is actually a very doting and loving grandfather. Hoshi truly respects this man- a mafia don of the culinary world, very capable and exudes the aura of authority.

Though, she can't say that she agrees with all of his methods...

She just tunes out the whole speech- already know the gist of it. Rather... there's a more pressing issue.

"Souma, you can just be yourself when you stand out there... but! Don't make an enemy on the first day alright"

"Sure!" he replies. Souma chuckled a bit, seeing his cousin restless- believing that the advice was just her consoling herself. His nonchalant tone seriously putting Hoshi at the edge. She is tempted to go first but decided to refrain herself, as she can become the backup in case Souma still messed up even after her warning.

"...devote to your studies. That's all!" was the last part of the Director speech. That's the cue, for both of them to walked up the stage and introduced themselves.

'Ok! Let's do this' she said. Bracing herself for everything. Then, the emcee announced,

"To conclude with our opening ceremony, we will now invite 2 students who were admitted to the high school section, please welcome"

And so Souma walked in front followed by Hoshi. Souma then take the mike,

"Umm, this is the first time, and expressing my attention on stage it's a bit embarrassing.." he said while scratching his chin. Hoshi just put on her calm face, although she started to get annoyed with loud students at the assembly and with her cousin mumbling. Anyway, souma continues,

"Well, I will keep it short. Ermm, I'm Souma Yukihira. Coming here with my cousin- Hoshi Amemiya. And truth to be told, I only think this academy as a stepping stone. I got admitted here unexpectedly, but I don't plan to lose to some bunch that has never stood in front of clients. Now that I'm in, I will take the top. Ah! Best regards for the next three year" and so he concluded his speech while looking at Hoshi, smile proudly thinking he did well.